Everybody's Famous! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Everybody's Famous! Reviews

September 10, 2011
Everybody's Famous is an Academy Award nominee for Best Foreign Language Film with plot on fame and stardom bordering ridiculous and stupid, but still sweet, likable, and funny.
April 25, 2006
The ending will have you cheering for the characters, and was pretty moving and honest for a comedy; but honestly, this took a lot of time to start going anywhere, and there are a lot of cookie cutter roles.
November 21, 2011
Surprisingly good! Hilarious! i confess that I wasn't expecting much about this movie, but luckily I was wrong and I'm glad I watched this. I can see why it received a best foreign film nomination at the Oscars.
October 27, 2006
You may be too cynical for this film, or too stupid. You may also have no soul, and maybe no love for people. You'll find this a very heart warming film if you aren't, and do. Feel good.
July 16, 2012
Can't believe this got nominated for Best Foreign Language Film.
November 21, 2011
September 10, 2011
½ September 15, 2010
Sort of like a Flemish version of "King Of Comedy". A father discovers a way to make his daughter a star: kidnap an already established star who wants to turn her back on her career. A very fun (and funny) film.
½ May 17, 2010
I guess if you're looking at main checkpoints of this movie, it is kinda light and simple. However, the idea and the plot are brilliant. The casting made a huge difference in this movie, especially Josse De Pauw, who won a national award as a best actor for this movie. It is not a revolutionary film, but it's great in its own genre. It's something that I'd see Quebec cinema do. Also, until the very end you don't understand what will be the final outcome of the situation, which is unusual for this type of movie. No wonder it was nominated for Oscar.
May 3, 2010
Hilarious. A fantastic foreign comedy. Acting and music both were extremely good.
April 3, 2010
A satire which takes itself too seriously, this Flemish film is about fame and its the struggle to get there.
December 18, 2009
well, i didn't regret to see this... but it's kind of weird that I have a feeling that... it's probably the reason why dutch people never seem to grow up
January 28, 2009
Don't read the synopsis, just rent. Charm met een Vlaamse accent.
December 5, 2008
Charming, but at times it's a bit too cheesy for my likes.
½ September 15, 2008
dada da dada da da da dada. LOL (If you've seen this film you'd get that.) Love the Michal Jackson mask! Great film. very cute and heart warming story. He believed in his daughter so very much. This movie is so funny. Where the hell do they speak Flem?
July 6, 2008
A quirky comedy, really fun and enjoyable. I'd recommend it to anybody
½ April 30, 2008
Realistic, tender, very funny, truthful, meaningful,this excellent movie packed with in-tune netherland actors is a jewel of candid entertainment.
March 29, 2008
Reminds me of "Muriel's wedding"
January 23, 2008
Nobody seems to be able to write a good synopsis of this film (don't bother reading this one - don't read the one on Netflix, either) - but it's a quirkly and lovely film.
January 13, 2008
A great film, and a beautiful language. It's good to see that even someone who doesn't fit the singers body type can actually have a chance