Evil Remains - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evil Remains Reviews

½ October 6, 2012
Ashley Scott and Estella Warren star in the indie horror film Evil Remains. It's the stereotypical haunted house story where a group of college kids go to a cursed house and end up turning on each other while getting picked off one-by-one by a mysterious killer. Surprisingly, the film does a good job at build suspense and developing the characters as the situation spirals out of control. However, there's too much ambiguity as to who the killer is and what actually happened in the end. Still, Evil Remains is able to provide some scares and thrillers without being exploitative.
October 11, 2014
I JUST DID NOT CARE! Ever. The film looks and sounds terrible. While there's an initial possibility the film would be good because the premise sounds interesting enough - the sheer shoddy amateurish execution produces a film that is impossible to sit through. The actors deserved a better production.
½ April 24, 2013
A real piece of crap, Evil remains stars model Estella Warren, who also starred in the abysmal Tim Burton remake of Planet of the Apes, and has about as many scares, interesting characters, and memorable scenes as an innocuous pebble. Elementary-school children could make better supernatural slasher cinema than this. Having just finished it, I can't really even remember what it was about because it was just that damn bad. Should have known from the cover....
½ August 7, 2009
The worst movie ever! The director just watched a few standard horror movies & put together all the scenes to make this movie. Scare factor = 0.01, originality = 0.00
½ December 28, 2007
This movie is slow getting started. It does have some tense and eerie moments and does a good job with the budget it had to work with. The acting is respectable, but the weak ending is a big minus to the film.
June 30, 2007
I didn't think the movie was as bad as some of the others; however it was far from great. The interesting thing about this movie was that there was a lot of talking. I thought the sound was fantastic, and they did a great job of creating a creepy mood.
March 6, 2007
loved it want to watch again and agian in the movie there is this kid he's about 15 or so he strangl;es his dog then stabs his father in the head w/ trimming sherres for trees and the stab his mom's hand so she is stuck to the floor and burns here alive & if anyone trespase on this property you become possed and this guy will start killig you and its like the movie poses you as well its scary but you can't stay away
August 28, 2015
So I came to check some reviews and right off the bat, from looking at the cover I became more frustrated... The cover for the movie makes no sense. I watched the whole thing and I never saw that red eyed guy, Ashley Scott (on the left) has brown dreads in the movie, not blonde hair. And Estella Warren (crouching on the right) wears a while tank top throughout the whole thing. I just don't know whats happening with this picture. Oh and it was annoying, dark and often when something would happen you couldn't tell because the screen was too dark and then you'd finally say to yourself "Oh he got snapped by some big bear trap thing in an attic."
October 31, 2014
Not scary or hilarious....just plain lame
October 11, 2014
½ January 1, 2014
Not good at all, if i were you i'd stay away from this movie completely!
½ April 24, 2013
April 17, 2013
This did nothing for me. I did not find it interesting and it seemed to lag on & on. I watched a couple of days ago and it was so forgettable that I barely remember the movie!!! So many better films than this one.
½ January 9, 2013
The only evil that remains is the memory of this horrible film
DrStrangeblog
October 18, 2012
Yah, i know i know....but cmon, Estella Warren AND Ashley Scott!
½ October 6, 2012
½ March 31, 2012
This movie is just wretched. The plot literally makes no sense at all and 4/5 of the characters are utterly stupid. That blonde chick on the poster front was the only one over 75 IQ. The movie also can't seem to decide whether its featuring ghosts, a real murderer, or the characters just going insane. I mean, make up your mind, because in the end nothing makes any sense regardless of which one is suppose to have happened. I spent more time than the writers did writing it, just trying to figure out wtf is suppose to have happened. This thing is horribly written... and also horribly edited. Most of the time you can't even see wtf is going on. Whenever something interesting is happening they deliberately take away all lighting and they also zoom in on someone's FACE during any kind of action. You can't see anything. Was this suppose to make it more suspenseful? It doesn't. Retarded ass director. This is one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen. Keep in mind that I watch shit like this all the time, so I know what I'm talking about. Tremors 3 and Frankenfish weren't this boring, badly edited, or made as little sense. This is right up there with Cabin Fever 1 levels of bad, but at least the plot in that one makes some kind of sense and you can actually SEE wtf is happening.
September 14, 2011
Does Estella Warren get naked? Otherwise forget it.
½ June 16, 2011
The worst horror movie ever... totally hackneyed, plagiarized from other horror movies, scene by scene - zero suspense, zero thrills
½ August 7, 2009