Excess Baggage Reviews

thmtsang
½ January 1, 2008
Spoilt brat decides to stage her own kidnap to get her dad's attention.
Gx7
½ October 30, 2007
Fell in love with benicio del toro in this movie. Daaamnnn!! ;D
½ November 7, 2006
Funny!
July 7, 2012
Excess Baggage is a poorly executed romantic comedy that misfires. The story follows a young woman who fakes her kidnapping in order get her father's attention, but when her fake kidnapping turns real hijinks ensue. Alicia Silverstone and Christopher Walken deliver decent performances (given the weakness of the script), but Benicio Del Toro is horribly miscast and drags the film down. He has no chemistry with Silverstone and sucks the energy out of every scene. Additionally, the script is poor and doesn't really allow for much character development or thematic resolution. There's a bit of fun to be had here and there, but Excess Baggage is mishandled in every way.
August 15, 2006
Why does this movie have such a low rating here? Come on, people. It was actually pretty good. The beginning was great... I loved it. The plot was really original, clever, and funny. As it went along, though, it kinda went downhill. Even so, I still enjoyed it.
January 31, 2008
Oddly sexy considering one of the two in question is Benicio Del Toro.
mingsysar
August 15, 2006
Even Alicia Silverstone at her most adorable can't save this.
PC79
October 27, 2006
Twisted Romance. Loved it!
½ February 3, 2015
Dumb but I guess it's supposed to be just a stupid little comedy. Not really that interesting though.
March 7, 2009
Watchable, but not good. Benecio Del Toro's mumbly character was interesting, sort of. Christopher Walken did his staring guy thing. Alicia Silverstone enjoyed herself. I've watched this more than once and wondered why I did so.
½ February 4, 2008
A pretty crappy follow up to the awesome Clueless for Alicia Silverstone. This is a lame, contrived movie that's frustrating and a waste of time. Her yellow plaid skirt was the best part of the whole movie.
January 19, 2008
I love this movie so much especially how Benicio Del Toro acts in this move, he seems so innocence, for a car theif ... Love this movie!!!!
½ December 26, 2007
Fun, fun movie. My first encounter with Benicio that I remember. I love his quirky ways in this movie.
August 14, 2007
I liked this movie mostly because of Benicio. He's quite talented, and unique, totally steals the movie.
½ June 16, 2007
Mixed Baggage is actually a good term in reference to this movie. The plot/concept is not incredibly captivating, or even realistic. However, the movie has some extremely strong points. The soundtrack, which includes Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jakob Dylan and The Wallflowers, and a mega-incredible cover of an old Cars song by a band called Red House Painters is one of the best song collections I've ever heard in a movie, and I'm amazed that it never came out as a CD. And the cast is great even if underrated for the most part. Alicia is a looker, though the role of spoiled rich girl is something she did before, and much better, in earlier films. And seeing her smoking on screen--NOT cool! Benicio Del Toro steals the show, and unlike his most famous prior role (as Fenster in the classic "The Usual Suspects"), his character manages to live all the way through the movie this time around. Christopher Walken is his usual scary self, Nick Turturro is a convincing bad guy, and Harry Connick Junior can actually act.
May 23, 2007
Shows just how big a person's head can get. Actor/actress becomes mega hit, gets to produce their own work and turns out crappy movies like this. Career goes in the Johnny Flusher.
February 14, 2007
So funny. This was the first time I saw Benicio Del Toro, and he was great. This is a laugh out loud movie.
½ November 25, 2006
Totally ridiculous set-up fpor a weak romantic comedy of sorts. What was Christopher Walken thinking when he agreed to appear in this?
June 14, 2006
MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!! it's actually a horrible movie...but i'm obsessed with it. i love Benicio del Toro.
½ January 31, 2015
I actually liked this movie a lot.