Extremities Reviews

½ September 6, 2010
A brilliantly unique thriller based on the great play, it's very crazy and suspenseful, I loved it and I highly recommend it.
½ August 9, 2006
Payback's a bitch.
½ December 22, 2010
Based on a play, this is a compelling story with two distinct halves to it. The acting is not all that great, although Farrah Fawcett holds her own, but the dialogue is sharp and the story believable. I'd be interested in seeing a stage adaptation of it to see if a change in acting would push this from merely "pretty good" to "very good."
½ June 30, 2009
Excellent thriller, with solid performances from all, especially Alfre Woodard and Farrah Fawcett. Never dull, always interesting. Simple story, well told.
January 15, 2008
great movie, great proformance by Farrah Fawcett. In the movie, the lady gets brutally attacked in her own home by the man that intended to rape her. But the man who lives to regret it!!!
April 6, 2007
A well superb film about a woman who gets raoed and turns the tables on her rapist and not sure what she is going to do with him after she deals with him. Farrah Fawcett, Alfre Woodard, Diana Scarwid, and James Russo give great performances in this 1986 classic.
March 14, 2007
This was actually a good movie. What Farrah does to poor James Russo's character is exactly what somebody like that deserves. Poor James Russo always seems to get the bad end of the stick.
May 22, 2015
In the lead roles, both Fawcett and Russo are quite good. However this play got lost in translation to the screen.
May 11, 2013
Great performances from all involved, but there's something missing from this that I can't quite put my finger on. I wouldn't mind seeing a 21st century remake.
July 8, 2007
I can barely remember this. I can't believe Farrah Fawcett is dead.
December 19, 2012
Though the dialogue is at times implausible and Diana Scarwid's performance is not all that credible, "Extremities" is an interesting, disturbing portrayal of human violence that poses a question of where justification lies in revenge. The film adaptation, I think, is better than the stage play that inspired it. William Mastrosimone's script is most fitting as a movie, not as a theatrical piece. Where the movie works is in Farrah Fawcett's surprising performance. She is quite good, playing a victim with a quiet fear, and when she fights back and her would-be rapist becomes the victim, she lifts the movie up and adds a great intensity to the character of Marjorie. It is because of her that "Extremities" is better than it should be.
June 23, 2010
Excellent Psychothriller with a Victim turn into the Hunter and is driven into the same Brutality as her Former Tantalizer.
ka
February 5, 2010
I'm a fan of theatre turned into film, although some do not work as well. This is one, but it's better that this story be preserved on film as a 6 out 10 than not at all (especially considering it's under exposed subject matter). Fawcett converts many who wrote her off as a bimbo. It's not that difficult a part, but she still had to nail it.
January 3, 2010
Farrah Fawcett Iss the best VICTIM Ever!!! She Blows all the norm of acting away in her performance She has the snott running and the constant fear and tears she was the most flexible in emotion of any female actress I have seen .. This and the Burnning Bed!! And James Russo Was the bad guy of bad guys .. he had it the whole creepy guy thing down pat !! He just dose not let up in this.. It is stumick turning from beggining to end Stunning Emotionaly stunning is all I can say .
½ June 30, 2009