The Fabulous Dorseys Reviews

January 3, 2015
I know next to nothing about the Dorseys, but I still enjoyed this movie. I did feel like it started to drag a little by about halfway through, but the characters were enough to keep me watching. Probably not one of my favorite classics, but it's worth sitting through.
May 27, 2010
It?s worth watching for the music alone, and the historical appearances of many of the popular swing stars of the time. The screenplay isn?t great, and it does lean toward melodrama. As for the performances, a bit uneven there. Sara Allgood does a fine job as the Dorsey?s mother. It?s best to ignore the negatives and focus on the great score and the slice of history this film is.
May 27, 2010
62/100. It's worth watching for the music alone, and the historical appearances of many of the popular swing stars of the time. The screenplay isn't great, and it does lean toward melodrama. As for the performances, a bit uneven there. Sara Allgood does a fine job as the Dorsey's mother. It's best to ignore the negatives and focus on the great score and the slice of history this film is.
March 26, 2006
Mediocre biopic with fairly bland performances.