Facing the Giants - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Facing the Giants Reviews

TomBowler
September 5, 2009
this is a really inspiring movie. my expectations for it were on the floor before i watched it, but i actually really liked it.
½ October 27, 2008
Facing The Giants is better then "Friday Night Lights", but not quite a "Remember The Titans." It stands as my second favorite football movie ever.

I watched this with not high hopes as I did not know any of the actors and honestly I dont really care for religion. I personally am Agonostic and do not really know if I even believe in God, let alone powers to make a losing team a winning team, but the movie has some intense scenes.

While I dont neccesarily care for Christanity this movie shows a deep sense of faith, hope, honor, glory, and committment. It has everything that a football player, and a person in general should have. The actors although hardly known turn out with amazing performances, the plot is convincing and carries interest through out the entire movie, and it has some of the most memorable football scenes a sports movie can offer.

It's truly a touching film, that I cannot wait to buy.
July 6, 2007
An uplifting Christian-heavy football movie with a decent budget. Sappy and predictable at times, it offers hope for those who need to win. There were respectable production values considering the movie was funded by a smaller studio.
bbcfloridabound
January 19, 2008
One of The best Movies I have seen in a long time, Its good to still see that a movie that includes religion still makes it to the big Screen. If you love the lord and Love friday night football you will Love this movie.
February 17, 2011
Predicatable plotting along with religion being shoved in our face repeatedly make this 'drama' near impossible for non-christians to enjoy.
½ August 8, 2007
There were a couple of "canned" scenes (meaning that they were Christian cliché) but I still got choked up anyway so I guess the performance was good enough to convince me. Great story. Inspirational. I liked the moral at the end.
June 21, 2011
Practically a Christian-based remake of Remember the Titans, yet still drives home a powerful message
November 6, 2006
A drama about football and faith that amasses all of the clichés that both subjects all too frequently indulge in.
½ October 27, 2006
Not that great. Terrible acting, terrible screenplay, but the message was good. Watch Friday Night Lights instead.
October 23, 2006
Some of the acting was a little cheesy and over the top, and the majority of the movie was pretty predictable, but the story was very inspirational and touching. I enjoyed it very much.
½ June 17, 2007
the message is clear. turn to god and you'll get a new truck and win state. garbage acting to boot.
broadwaymo
½ March 30, 2007
Not just another rags to riches football story. Shows what's truly possible when we exhibit faith, hope and love. Believers will truly be blessed by it...
October 26, 2012
The only way you will love this movie 100 hundred percent is if you love GOD more than you love football. However my friends I happen to think this movie was awesome!!!!
February 28, 2011
This movie really shocked me, I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. Very insperational in all aspects
½ July 30, 2010
The message is on point, but for once I wish they could make a Christian movie that wasn't over the top corny. The acting is serviceable at best. The last 30 minutes are almost condescending to the viewer with how they approach it. You can see the ending coming a mile away, and it's not done well enough to make you want to watch it.
April 18, 2010
This is a really well done film about a coach in a community that doesn't believe in him. The Lord touches this man and gives him the ability to reach his players and deal with all of his problems. This film is very emotional in parts and really shows how faith can change people.
½ October 4, 2009
The coach is facing loss of his job for his team's dismal performance. He and his wife are not able to have the baby they've been wanting. Coach Grant Taylor hits rock bottom and vows to turn his life over to God. He becomes a spiritual influence on his players and a revival occurs in football and personal relationships. Heartwarming.
August 15, 2009
I pray that this church continues to put out these wonderful movies for those of us who like good and wholesome values! Helped change my son's views on a lot of things!! I give it a ten, but isnt listed below, so...
June 5, 2009
Excellent, letting us know how God uses even the smallest of us to bring glory. And when we work as a team, the impossible is possible.
½ May 28, 2009
A high school coach challenges his team to play giving 110% of their effort to God not only in football, but also in academics, respect to parents, and all areas of their lives. Meanwhile a small, unimposing lad named David joins the team as they go through the season. Who is the number one team that has dominated the school scene? The Giants, of course.