• PG-13, 1 hr. 38 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Falling for Grace Reviews

Cynthia S

May 31, 2011
Sweet. A typical girl meets rich guy Cinderalla story. The main characters were good, but some of the supporting cast were pretty sad. But, as love stories go, this one is certainly pleasant enough.
iLeo
iLeo

December 29, 2007
Hilarious movie! Here's a story plot that centralizes upon a Cinderella-like theme that follows the life of Yip Han, or otherwise known as Grace Tang. After wanting to become a princess and fitting into society, Grace not only cares for her parents and brother but also tries to succeed in a career within a thriving business with her best friend, Janie, in tow. She meets a handsome lawyer at a party where attendees assume she's an heiress. She tries to correct the mistake, but later gives up. This leads to a series of events where Grace and Andrew spend more time together, and begin falling in love. Great cast- Fay Ann Lee, Gale Harold, Margaret Cho, Ken Leung, Elizabeth Sung, Clem Cheung, B.D. Wong, Stephanie March, Roger Rees, and Christine Baranski. Definitely worthy!
January 19, 2012
This is supposed to be a retelling of Cinderella- in fact, the main character is apparently named after the Chinese Cinderella. But it just doesn't work. It's not well-rounded enough, it's full of every romantic comedy cliche ever, and there's nothing to keep you interested.
emerlyrose
June 24, 2011
Not bad for a sappy culture related rom-com. The story goes along with the classic story, girl gets mistaken for famous socialite, goes along with mistaken identity, falls in love with boy, boy finds out girl lied, boy gets mad at girl, girl redeems herself and boy takes girl back for happy ending to movie, the end.
supernatualwoman
August 14, 2007
Wishing it will come to my town soon. I know I will be excited to see Gale Harold on the big screen. :)
September 6, 2013
One line summary: Comedy of errors; needs better acting and a tighter script.
Cinematography: 7/10 Way too much soft focus.

Sound: 7/10 Fine for the English speakers. The incidental music is cloying.

Acting: 5/10 This is a mixed bag, to say the least. BD Wong, Lewis Black, Christine Baranski, Ato Essandoh, Roger Rees, and Margaret Cho were fine. Christine Baranski was the best; her discussion with Andrew Jr about how he had to marry Kay was one of the most genuine moments in the film. On the other hand, Fay Ann Lee, Gale Harold, Stephanie March, and Ken Leung were much less satisfying, with Gale Harold being the absolute worst.

Screenplay: 4/10 There were too many cliches from the romantic comedy field. I have nothing against cliches; even the oldest can be funny if done right. There were only a few recognizable attempts at humor. I found myself thinking that I should be laughing at this, but I did not laugh once.
Julia N.
March 20, 2010
"Falling for Grace" is an original romantic comedy, with a great cast: Fay Ann Lee & Gale Harold as the romantic couple. What a great way for spending some time in a theater or at home dreaming with a love story like that in our life, and specially if it`s with Gale Harold !
Gale already showed us his great work in several roles but this is one more surprise to us from him.
Gale is versatil enought to make comedy and even so letting us all fall for his charm. Gale Harold is taking another step to stardom and he will be soon rewarded and recognized by his incredible work as an actor.
I believe Fay Ann Lee is a great actress but also one of the emerging directors and we will hear more from her in the future if she wishes to continue her work. Well, at least she is brave and talented enought for that !

Julia