• PG-13, 1 hr. 47 min.

100% Veep: Season 3

Falling in Love Reviews

Sajin P

January 8, 2011
A simple romantic story, but somehow it touches you deep, maybe it had to do with the powerful performance of its actors.
Would have liked the movie even better with a sad ending, though. It looked like it was on the cards.
I was very surprised to see how easily De-Niro portrayed the role of a simple common man. Never imagined a scene involving De-Niro, asking hopefully to his friend "Do you think I am good-looking?".
Lady D

June 4, 2007
I?m not sure I like De Niro so much in romantic roles, he was still pretty good in this and so was Meryl Streep, but I just prefer his other tougher roles, I guess he did too, otherwise he would have made more. Maybe the romance was not tragic enough for my liking.

Still, a good watch, but not high up on the De Niro/Streep leader board of films.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

December 22, 2009
The story revolves around two married suburbanites, Frank and Molly, who meet in a New York bookshop while Christmas shopping, and later encounter each other on a commuter train, first by accident, then (as their mutual attraction grows) by design. It is amazing how only a few meetings turns into obsession, and it is obviously when bad things happen to them both, and their marriages, that you wonder if they should be together. The movie examines the guilt-factor in the idea of an extra-marital fling and have us the viewers pondering, "Will they get together? Will they not? Can two happily married, reasonable upper middle class people be led by a chance encounter to abandon their goodhearted spouses and tear apart their children's home? I guess you have to watch it to find out or I can just put you out of your agony and tell you now lol.
mvieaddict
mvieaddict

October 2, 2010
Falling in love was just a sweet romantic love story to watch. Man and woman at any given time of history can relate to it and that was the beauty of it. This was an example of how such remarkable acting can bring the simplest of stories so alive.Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep had outdone themselves in this movie bringing such deep feelings in such a simple story. And they made you feel it, making you aware of their shortcomings and love.Robert de Niro is such a great actor, always bringing his charisma and sex appeal alive, and here he was able to show himself as a regular simple man,falling in love with a married woman.Meryl Streep was outstanding as usual and together, they brought depth to the story and they did very well in portraying their characters,
Sunil J

May 30, 2009
Theres is amazing chemistry here but it gets a bit muddled with the passage of time and the confusion over whether or not they are doing the wrong thing. They say they didn't have an affair but if they chickened out at the last minute. doesn't that mean it still counts?
iLeo
iLeo

December 20, 2007
Interesting.
jam233
December 21, 2009
Sensitive and well acted, along the lines of Brief Encounter, but of course nowhere near in it's league. Still, holds it's own. Believable and nicely written. Anything with Meryl Streep is worth a look.
ouleyedieng
October 21, 2009
Two of my favorite actors. I live the movies so I understand the feelings. I also respect the fact that I can watch it with my kids as well. It reminds me a lot about New York City my favorite town and during my high school years I use to commute on the trains to meet my boyfriend as well. I love this movie.
blanna516
October 12, 2009
A persons life is not always in the perfect mode and ready to accept real love when it comes... sometimes it happens to married people. I like the fact that they where split from their spouses for some time before they actually got together. Nice performance by two great actors.
pingfarrah
October 9, 2009
Dont find love, let love find you.Thats why its called Falling in love,bec. you dont force ypurself to fall, you just fall!
sexysadie03
October 4, 2009
Wow, I can't believe it. They actually came together again. I liked it. Not everyone's kind of movie because it's pretty slow. Good enough if you are patient and watch through it. Wow!!!!!
politerudy
September 25, 2009
"love always find its ways" sometimes it seems like isn't the right way to find it but love will find you! and is up to us to let it skip away just because to everybody's eyes is the "right " thing to do. "Never regret what once make you happy"
robinhuff2000
July 26, 2009
It's just more of the same old cheating on your spouse kind of movie. Slow, not enough conversation. How can two people with completely other lives meet, fall in love and cheat? At christmas time, imagine that? Of course I did not watch the whole thing so it may of been better.
carebear1979to2008
June 28, 2009
It was a very good casting, but it was just to slow an not enough telling of the real feelings of all the people who were having to go through it all.
latinorick71
April 5, 2009
nothing but the train station and not getting it and oh so damn boring that i must have sleep for at least 6 hrs and the movie still wasn't over. what a waste
hearredant
February 22, 2009
I tell you. The only way this movie could have POSSIBLY been more difficult to sit through, would be if it were in technicolor. Yep.
mchlllgrn
March 1, 2007
When I first saw this I loved it. Then it troubled me. Now I think it speaks more to human frailty than love.
April 14, 2006
It's was decent. However when I think romantic lead... you know DeNiro just pops right to mind. Especially if he's coupled with Meryl Streep.
April 5, 2013
These two are supposed to be too depressed to love one another like in the Deer Hunter. I don't want to see a romance with them working as a couple.