The Fantasist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fantasist Reviews

½ April 8, 2015
This movie is cursed by a poor editing rhythm, the treasure to be found in this film is in the way our young Patricia wades into danger. The villain's creepiness factor is amplified through the use of faux-poetic stalking by phone. That particular element was the one risk Robin Hardy is rewarded for in this necessary film which in its time could entertain the PBS and BBC crowd in better than average fashion. This director gave us the original Wicker Man film, the good one with Ed Woodward. There is a good movie in here.
½ April 8, 2015