• R, 1 hr. 20 min.

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Farce of the Penguins Reviews

Lucas M

May 27, 2011
Too silly, Farce of the Penguins, presents a few of funny lines, but don't is a good or really entertaining movie.
RCCLBC
RCCLBC

March 21, 2008
Could have been HILARIOUS...but was just mildly amusing.
Lafe F

August 12, 2007
Gosh, this was bad. Barely watchable. It was duller than "March of the Penguins"! The jokes were trashy and not very funny. The Penguin's mouths did not move when they talked. It seemed like a quick cash-in for those who loved "March"...
DrLappos
DrLappos

April 4, 2007
For sheer stupidity and a great laugh you have to see this...Well worth it.
February 1, 2012
So, I think this movie could of been promising if it wasn't so long. Started off well but then it started to lose it's edge with the same sex related jokes and then the fart jokes came and I really lost intrest. Sure they can be funny, but in this I started wondering how much longer at about thirty minutes in. I finished it and it did have some funny moments but other then that, not the greatest spoof ever.
gumnerf
December 7, 2007
Okay, but even at only 80 minutes and with a great cast I still kept looking at the clock and waiting for this to end.
July 6, 2009
Well, what do you expect? It's Bob Saget's idea, you know it's going to be dirty. If you put a gun to my head, I would say I laughed hard quite a bit. Hell, I might even watch it again some day. Call it a guilty pleasure or something.
Ipinchu
January 4, 2009
I loved the concept, but hated the jokes. I do love Bob Saget as a stand up comedian but alas his cokes come off really childish in this obvious ripoff of march of the penguins. I mean how many fart jokes must we listen to before we are all reveling in our own vomit? Think about that. What could have been a great comedy ended up flat and defused, much like a used up whoopi cushion!
June 30, 2007
it can be so strange that movie and it kinda boring but it not funny at all. director bob saget(remember him who play danny tanner in "full house")who making this comdey movie. this familiar to making fun of "march of the penguin". so some of "full house" cast voice cameo. so this is not for kid to watch it.
February 3, 2008
All good things must be parodied... some bad things to, and March of the Penguins is no exception the parody rule. Along comes Bob Saget with his straight to DVD release, taking unused footage from March of the Penguins and adding voice over forming a loose narrative from him and all of his buddies, some hilarious, some not so much. The whole Bob Saget ironic dirty humor thing was old many years ago, and he's been playing off of his Full House reputation to give weight to his dirty stand up comedy, which just isn't that original or outrageous. This movie is like the death throws of his comedic reputation. Yes, there are funny parts. A couple. Several times I let out an outrageous, throaty laugh, but after the first penguins start fucking, the shock is worn off. The sloppy voice over thrown over plain penguin footage gets dull. Then they start repeating the same footage, apparently trying to make up for a lack of usable footage for a full length film. This probably should've been the first indication to them that this isn't full length material. By the halfway point you can barely chuckle. By the end you want to rip the DVD from the player and frisbee it into a brick wall. This is a decent idea taken too far on too large a scale, and it just can't maintain itself humorously for an entire movie. But, if you want to see a bunch of B-list comics with the occasional surprising cameo, spout out "shocking," stale, and careless lines for a pity laugh, by all means, give it a shot.
MichelleasaurusRex
February 2, 2008
It was pretty funny. I liked it. It was a fun movie to watch and I laughed like crazy too, Nice mockumentary.
January 2, 2008
I felt sorry for the comic talent used in this movie. Instead of Straight-To-DVD there should be a catagory called Straight-To-Trash. The only reason why i watched this movie was because there were many stars in the movie (dane cook, samuel L. Jackson and exc.) but seeeing only 20 mintues made me think wow im dumb for getting this DONT WASTE YOUR TIME SKIP THIS MOVIE
December 30, 2007
in the past few years i've become a rather large fan of Bob Saget but this movie falls short of it's idea. It's not very funny... it's not even witty... oh well.
radloffc
December 11, 2007
Liked the concept, but the execution was terrible. It was torture to watch, and I ended up fast-forwarding through the last half-hour or so. I *never* do that.
October 22, 2007
Let me just start out by saying I hate Bob Saget. Ok. I'm sure you're asking yourself "Why would he rent this then?" if I hate him. One person: Lewis Black. Unfortunately even he couldn't save this movie. This movie was so bad I was thinking about 37 minutes into it "HOW MUCH LONGER?!" and I saw I had another hour to go. Just terrible. Bob Saget you're not funny at all.
October 4, 2007
I hate to say it, but...IT WAS NOT FUNNY! Even Lewis Black couldn't save it. Dumb...my head hurts after watching this!
September 15, 2007
This movie got relatively worse after the first ten minutes. Bob Saget just won't learn that he's seriously not funny, not a good actor, and definately NOT a good writer.
TheHarlot666
September 15, 2007
The funnest movie ever. Everyone who dubbed in their voices was hilarious. The idea of the movie building up to penguins having sex leaves you in stitches - literally. I know I was.
mrchicken5
September 2, 2007
Don't let the movie cover fool you. The penguins in this movie don't hit bongs, or have crazy sex or anything. Its just a bunch of footage from march of the penguins dubbed over. It was totally lame.
clacour
August 7, 2007
Bob Saget rocks! And the grouping together of so many different talents made this one of my favorite movies