The Fighting Kentuckian Reviews

December 15, 2011
This was actually a lot of fun to watch but rather odd as the heroes are the refugees from Napoleon's French Imperial court and the villains are a bunch of Alabaman river men trying to cheat the French out of thier land grants. PS the French win the land/range war with some help from John Wayne and Stan Laurel who is really good as Wayne's fighting sidekick. It's funny as the the way the actors say John Wayne's character's name with thier accents makes it sound like they are saying John Wayne instead of John Breen.
½ March 13, 2007
In Alabama in 1818, Kentucky militiaman John Breen falls in love with a French exile and discovers a plot to steal the land her fellow exiles plan to settle on.
July 15, 2007
A very enjoyable movie, especially pairing John Wayne with Oliver Hardy. That is the reason this is worth watching. Talk about an odd pairing for a buddy movie.
July 9, 2007
Love this old movie of the minutemen from kentucky. Coon skin wearing John wayne.. This I believe was a movie based on a old war..
½ September 28, 2006
An early John Wayne movie in a coon-skin cap where he is the star and producer. What makes this a classic film is that his side-kick is Oliver Hardy of Laurel & Hardy duo is his co-star.
April 5, 2014
This movie has some of the worst reviews and comments on any John Wayne movie, but it is one of my favorites. i love Oliver Hardy as the side kick. And John Wayne is always good...
½ November 19, 2006
John Wayne plays a frontiersman, who partners up with Oliver Hardy! This seems strange at first, but they have a great rapport and act well together. Vera Ralston is the love interest, and while she's pretty, she's not great actress and is passable in the role. There's lots of fighting and heroic action in this movie, and it's a way to pass an enjoyable hour or two. John is at his most charismatic here.
November 25, 2005
The more I watch this movie the more I like it. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite classic movies. John Wayne is charming as usual in this film. [b][color=silver]A love story with some good humor, and action in it!
[/color][/b]
Guess nobody knows about it, or cares about it judging buy the amont of forum posts on IMDB? ... sad.
July 30, 2005
PRETTY AVERAGE JOHN WAYNE WAR MOVIE, NOT TOO BAD, BUT A BIT PREDICTABLE. BLAND CAST.