Finder's Fee Reviews

½ June 3, 2013
Who'd ever think that I'd be saying that Jeff Probst, host extraordinaire of survivor, would, as his first feature, direct a well-written, taut suspenseful little film, it has a great set up, and keeps the tension building slowly throughout, i never knew how it was gonna play out, it's essentially a play, but it never feels boring, im surprised he got so many established actors for this, and they all do good jobs, i dont know if jeff probst will ever make another movie, but if its as good as this, i cant wait to see it
½ February 14, 2012
Kept me interested all the way but a little confusing. "Fishman" was extremely annoying. I would watch again if it was on tv perhaps-that's about it.
April 24, 2011
Had me guessing all the way up to the end which helped me forgive some of the poor acting. The ending was a complete shocker.
August 15, 2007
This is an independent film that went right to DVD. It won several film festival awards and rightly so. Very interesting psychological study on what the hunger for money can do, including a twist at the end.
Ooh. This seems like a stage play. It really does. Five key characters, all in one room, with lots of dialogue? But apparently it wasn't one. However, this was a fascinating movie. The characters were intriguing... the five of them were so different and each one of their characters got fleshed out fairly well. And then just when you think everything's been wrapped up nice... Heh, but I'd better not give that away. ;-) It was something I didn't see coming at all, though. I don't know if I'd watch this again soon, but it was definitely cool to watch one.
February 18, 2015
For having surely the most predictable 'twist' I've seen in a film, this loses marks. Tension is built up well and the plot is ok but it would work better on stage than on film.
May 10, 2014
Well-acted twisty-ploted film about a lost wallet, 6 million dollar lottery ticket, a poker game and how far one is willingly to go for a lot of money.
½ December 1, 2013
great movie.. its one of those "what would you do?" types... cheesey but suspensful.. not knowing the outcome, and the twist at the end was not expected one bit.. i would take the damn lottery ticket and say "YOUR BEAT"
July 24, 2012
one of the best Independent movies i have every seen a must see
½ December 17, 2011
It begins promising enough, but the intriguing basis is ruined very early on. It turns into a drolling, boring mess with annoyingly indecisive characters. The twist at the end just becomes a last attempt to save this shit film, it did nothing but come off as cliche. This movie was flat warm soda that tasted like piss.
½ August 8, 2009
Being a Ryan Reynolds fan I had to check this one out. It surprised me. It was a lot better than I expected. I suggest anyone that wants to find a lost gem to rent this one.
½ June 10, 2004
Finder?s Fee (2001) ? A movie designed to drive you crazy, Finder?s Fee explores the terrific pressure that builds around a $6 million dollar lottery ticket, secretly held by Erik Palladino (Latter Days) while James Earl Jones, who has come to claim the lost wallet (which once held the ticket), becomes trapped in Erik?s apartment, along with Erik?s friends, who had come together for the regular weekly card game. Erik, a seemingly perfect young man, meets his ethical breaking point in an environment that is made insane by the tense drama that unfolds among his annoying friends. The film approaches the unbearable; my face scrunched in pain as Erik?s character begins to unravel. In the end, with one more little twist of fate, I stood on the windowsill ready to jump out of my eighth floor apartment, but I held on in morbid fascination for the ending?