Firewall Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
October 28, 2011
Firewall is a cliché riddled action thriller that doesn't do anything to thrill or entertain you. Firewall is actually quite boring, and the concept, though somewhat intriguing, fails to be thrilling. Firewall disappointed me and I was hoping for something better than this. Unfortunately the film ends up falling flat, and is very, poorly conceived. Harrison Ford seems bored in the role he's playing, and the story is clumsy, poorly constructed, and like I said relies on Clichés to create the so called thrills and tension. Firewall is one of the worst thrillers that I've seen in the last couple of years, and the film suffers from a poor script that doesn't have a well developed story, and the end result is a film that is very anti-climactic. The film is pretty boring, and the cast, despite the fact that they are talented, are fairly wasted here. Firewall is a poorly conceived film that isn't good and it really does fail at delivering the thrills. The film could have been much better than, and it had the potential of being a solid action thriller, unfortunately the film falls through halfway in, and there are no redeeming factors to redeem the weak plot and poorly constructed ideas. If you're looking for a solid thriller film, then Firewall is not that film. There are better films out there. Firewall is an uninspired film that relies on a derivative formula to thrill its audience. A very boring, and unimpressive film that could have been much better than this. This was a film that looked promising, but turned out to be a big disappointment. Avoid this if you're looking for a good thriller, you won't find it here.
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
Not that bad of a film. Worth a watch!
Chiefilms
½ August 20, 2010
Leave my family alone! Get off my plane!
½ November 19, 2009
While it is nowhere near Harrison Ford's best attempt, it is a fun movie and highly entertaining. It has beautiful visuals and decent performances. The plot was actually pretty interesting and a different kind of heist attempt.
½ August 2, 2006
Quite typical of this style of film, so not particularly original, yet it was easy watching and had some good little technical moments. Definitely a film worth watching, liked the mix of Harrison Ford and Paul Bettany in this.
September 18, 2009
This film rips off so much from other films, I feel like I?ve seen it before! Bettany and Ford are quite good in it though!
thmtsang
July 14, 2007
Harrison's family are taken hostage and he has to hack into the bank to steal money. Paul is a brilliant bad guy. Harrison has to save the day. Bit of a lame ending.
January 6, 2007
A very good thriller with a well chosen cast, hits all the right spots for this type of thriller. If you liked Hostage, Panic Room you should enjoy this as well.
½ October 8, 2007
Saw enough to see it was really awful. Very familiar plot and Ford needs a new character, badly.
cosmo313
½ June 9, 2006
A decent and enjoyable thriller with some pretty good moments, but nothing really spetacular.
½ June 24, 2006
A gripping and totally entertaining movie that never lets up. A fast moving plot with plenty of tricks, twist and smart action. An intelligent and first-rate, edge of your seat action-thriller. Top notch suspense and excitement. Paul Bettaney and Harrison Ford have never been better.
½ March 29, 2006
No real story here. This movie doesn't end; it dies. Thankfully. All we would have needed would be for Bettany to pop up in the ditch, wrench the pick out of his back, and then come at them with the pick from behind as they're walking up the road to meet the police -- hey, wait a second here. That actually would have made the whole movie. Darn! I wish I'd been able to add that to the script. Hey, look at this. Virginia Madsen has no picture and no fans. Hmmm . . . and there are seven million plus folks on flixster. Interesting. Hey, and don't look at me about putting up her picture or putting her on my favorite actor list so she can have one fan. Hey, Virginia, I think this is a sign.
kpn666
November 25, 2006
Okayz i guess... its one of those movies which is just a one-off, i probably wouldnt want to watch it again. Its got some good moments and Paul Bettany is pretty good, but the interest has gone once the movie is over. Just hire and watch - no point in buying it.
October 10, 2006
Pretty darn good.
deano
½ February 21, 2006
Outstanding! Intelligent action thriller.
½ May 30, 2006
Get off my Firewall!
April 14, 2006
Give that dog an oscar...Indy 4 next please Harrison!
March 11, 2006
i like this movie very much.
its full of action, it keeps you on the edge of your seat for the entire movie
February 3, 2008
I was on the edge of my seat! Well-written script.