The Flight of Dragons Reviews

½ May 12, 2007
In the style of many classic 1980 fantasy cartoons, this movie is one of the few to sympathize with the march of progress, as well as making some minor social commentary on the Cold War, instead of merely dramatizing the tragic loss of nature and magic.
½ June 9, 2007
I watched this on you tube, I thought it was pretty great.
½ December 2, 2011
I grew up watching this and fell in love with magic, dragons, and romance. I only wish there was more to it somehow...I feel I'm one of the few who truly know what this movie is.
½ March 26, 2009
I only remember bits and pieces of this movie, but I know that I liked it. Made by the same people as "The Hobbit."
September 8, 2008
very dated by now standards, but this cartoon film is a classic Good verse Evil epic... If you can get the kids of today to give it 15 mins...Then you will have a New baby_sister I promise...
March 3, 2008
Absorbing and magical animated feature from the makers of "The Hobbit" and "The Last Unicorn", it's their greatest movie yet. Great voict acting by John Ritter, Harry Morgan and James Earl Jones and plenty of action with intelligence and wit makes this a winner.
½ February 1, 2008
ALL KIDS SHOULD SEE THIS. IT OPENS EYES AND WAKES UP THE SLEEPING GIANT. MY 18 GODCHILDREN LOVED IT AND I OWN IT.
December 8, 2007
Great animated fantasy movie, featuring the voices of John Ritter and James Earl Jones. This was a huge part of my childhood.
June 27, 2007
I love this cartoon movie to pieces. I lived in Germany for three years and I watched this movie like crazy.
March 22, 2007
Classic....I can't belive I found this one...It's been 10+ yrs since I have seen this one...Rent IT...
½ February 25, 2007
this is a classic voie that you don't see anymore, but if there is any one else out there whowould like to watch it, you can find it on you tube, other wise you are sol, b/c unless you own a vhs copy you are out of luck
September 14, 2006
This is one of my all time favorite movies. I've had the VHS since it first came out in 1982. I totally love this movie and still watch it often.
½ September 13, 2006
This one holds a special place in my heart. Wonderfully done. Read the book to learn more about its origins.
June 5, 2007
Mesmerizing and brilliant hidden gem from Rankin/Bass.
July 1, 2007
It's the best animation ever made, Gorbas, Arak, Sir Orin ... incredible characters. My favorite movie when kid , i watched it again and liked it more than when i was a kid.
December 24, 2014
This film has everything that makes a children's film amazing: Escapism, adventure and imagination yet is held together by a fantastic plot addressing all sorts of issues we face as both children and adults making it suitable for all. Change, ageing, facing up to your demons, good: "Good would be totally impotent without the contrast of evil" and evil: "I have weapons you would not dare use, fear rules all man ... he will use science and logic to destroy himself ... turn brother against brother ... greed and avarice shall prevail" Pretty deep for a children's film! The music is fantastic and compliments each scene perfectly. All the best films do.
October 29, 2014
Despite poor animation, the character designs and plot are very good.
October 4, 2014
This movie was my child hood! I remember almost everything about it!
October 9, 2013
Yet another film from Rankin & Bass, this epic fantasy may be light on story and well developed characters but it's colorful and fun setting is well worth the watch.
August 14, 2013
Simply fantastic. A true classic, even its flaws are charming.