Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster Reviews

bbcfloridabound
½ January 21, 2014
This is a really low-budget b/w movie but it is very entertaining. This movie has really aged well. Many sci-fi fans that see this movie for the first time will know what I'm talking about. I saw this 1965 movie for the first time in 2006 and loved it. I guess this one fits into the category "so bad it's great." But I consider this a damn good effort, especially considering the budget.

The movie is tons of laughs. The alien invaders have an Uncle Fester-looking adviser to a hot-looking queen, who looks kind of like Barbara Steele. They come invading Earth and run into a cyborg ("Frank") built by the good old USA to explore space. This movie even has a helicopter air assault in vintage transport choppers! AWESOME! They had to send the Army to help the cyborg defeat the bat-people aliens and their weapon of last resort - a fanged monster that the aliens themselves can barely control!!!!! This movie has EVERYTHING and any fan of classic sci-fi and 60's bikini party horror should really love it. 3 1/2 stars 12-28-13
½ June 27, 2008
Could have been made by Ed Wood.
½ May 1, 2011
Some aliens investigating earth's atmosphere mistake a NASA rocket launch for a missile attack. They shoot it down. Inside is a military android (a "United States Astro-Robot," to be exact) on his way to Mars. He crash lands in Peurto Rico and, because of his injuries, terrorizes the island. By the order of the hot dyke commander, the aliens also land on the island in order to kill him and kidnap hotties to have sex with. Very uneven, but some really good parts....for fans of Ed Wood. Interestingly this was distributed by Futurama Entertainment.
February 6, 2008
A deformed robot, horny aliens and all the white people in Puerto Rico are lookin for love in this unintentional homage to Ed Wood.
½ September 16, 2013
Want something quick, lousy, and entertaining? Than this is the movie for you. There really isn't much to say but the movie is good. I mean its not great but its not bad by any means. The effects are cheesy and so is the acting. The make up effects are surprisingly okay and work well with the black and white shading. This movie is definitely up there with a cult following. If you're a fan of the cult movies than I would give this one a watch. Definitely worth the time. It has an original idea and a few good moments, check it out.
½ January 18, 2013
I'd love to know how small the budget was for this flick. The titular monsters don't even meet well into the movie. It's like something Ed Wood would make. Any knowledgeable film buff knows that's not a good thing to be compared to.
August 7, 2012
From the title of the movie, you'd think Frankenstein (the monster) would be meeting a space monster, but that's not true. Frankenstein is actually a human/robot named Frank, who tries and stops a Princess from kidnapping beautiful looking Women to help re-populate their planet.

The bald caps in this film look awful, but it's 1965, and even for that year they don't look good.
January 2, 2012
Well i aways like the movie.
½ September 29, 2011
I am absolutely confident that nothing can go wrong

An alien war leads to an entire race of alien women being wiped out. The aliens decide to head to Earth which is stockpiled with females they can mate with. On their way to Earth they encounter an American spaceship manned by an android. They shoot down the spacecraft causing irepidible damage to the android. The spacecrafts, aliens, and android all land on Earth. The android may be the Earth's only chance to overcome the alien invasion.

"We have won the war but we have no women."

Robert Gaffney delivers Frankenstein and the Space Monster in his lone directorial effort. The storyline for this picture is a bit ridiculous and classic science fiction for the era. The action sequences are average but the makeup is fantastic and the soundtrack is outstanding. The acting is mediocre and the cast includes James Karen, Marilyn Hanold, and Lou Cutell.

"He's a robot not a man."

I was searching cable for a monster movie and came across this science fiction classic on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and decided to DVR it. Well, this could have been better. There was an obvious limited budget, premise and storyline; however, the makeup and costumes were very good. I'm not sure I could ever get past the scooter that kept appearing throughout this picture though; and also, I'm not sure why Frankenstein is in the title when that character was an android named Frank.

"We have no more time for failures."

Grade: C
½ July 21, 2006
Robotic man made to go to Mars, has a bad trip. Returns to Earth? "They found the capsle in Puerto Rico." "We have also gotten reports that there was some violence in the area by some one who they said was wearing something that looked like a space suit." Some really groovy music in this picture. The aliens zap men in to no existance with there ray guns, and kid nap wemon. Ray guns look cooler than anything I ever saw on Star Trek. Verry exciting movie. A must see for the brain dead or the demented.