Freeheld - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Freeheld Reviews

March 10, 2013
barely into the first 10 minutes and i had 'em goosebumps.
touching, heartachingly depressing and scary all at once.
at the end of the day, shouldn't the big picture be about humanity, not sexuality, not religion etc etc ?
February 25, 2008
WON for best documentary short
December 22, 2008
Everyone should watch this. It's a really powerful documentary about a woman with lung cancer fighting for her female partner to obtain domestic partnership rights. This was in New Jersey before the state ruled it was legal. It's really emotional and enlightening.
July 26, 2008
I've never cried more in a movie.
June 4, 2008
I was so moved by this movie in so many ways. The love that Laurel and Stacie shared touched me deeply. I was so angered by the council who came across as such bigots. I believe (and I may be wrong) that they changed their minds only because of increasing political pressure. Which is great that they changed their minds, but it reminds me how many closed minded people there still are in this country.
April 8, 2008
awesome short doc - genuine emotion and insight.
April 6, 2008
Saw this at the GSFF. Heartbreakingly sad, my friend and I were devastated afterwards. Extremely well done, cannot wait for the DVD.
March 8, 2008
soooo want to see this, the trailer had me in tears already. Yay for the Oscar, will try to get the DVD somewhere.
January 23, 2008
Biased (of course) but emotionally strong and thought provoking