Full Grown Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Full Grown Men Reviews

½ June 9, 2010
(from The Watermark, 04/05/07)
Not a gay film per se, but certainly one of local interest since it was shot in Florida. The story centers around a family man (Matt McGrath) who is still emotionally clinging to his childhood. Thrown out by his wife for his immaturity, he looks up a childhood friend (30 Rock's Judah Friedlander) and they embark on a road trip together where they encounter a parade of quirky characters played by the likes of (openly gay) Alan Cumming, Deborah Harry, and Amy Sedaris. You can probably see what's coming -- the journey kick-starts the slow process of growing up -- and the film is mostly entertaining along the way. While some of the comedy is a little contrived, the film is still thematically consistent in presenting us with characters who somehow can't let go of the past. Floridians may find the patchworking of familiar locales a little disconcerting, but Orlandoans will definitely enjoy the theme-park jabs.
November 7, 2009
This picture has alot to offer, I was able to see it before DVD release and its great, great story, great actors and ton's of fun. A+ inmy book, get it today! Randy N
½ May 9, 2013
Idiotic road trip movie. I almost wanted to gouge my eyes out!
May 5, 2011
Complete rubbish from start to finish
July 31, 2010
It tries too hard to be a cool indie movie, and it turns out to be unlikable and bland.
½ June 9, 2010
(from The Watermark, 04/05/07)
February 13, 2010
Worth watching at least once
November 7, 2009
½ November 2, 2009
I like the story alright, not the best directing in this flick. [Good job on the sound Mikey.]
January 3, 2009
Just terrible. I only made it through 25 minutes before I had to turn it off. Yuck.
August 22, 2009
a really dumb and short movie that, except for judah friedlander who i love, just kept digging it's dumb hole and never planted anything substantial in either a dramatic sense of a comedic one. instead it felt like a waste of an hour and twenty one minutes.
January 31, 2009
Dearest,
Good Day and how are you today,

I am so happy to read your mail, Thank you so much for replying back,
Dear please don't be offended, let me know more about your that will enable me to explain to you every thing about me and i will also send you my pictures for you to know who i am,
Thanks for your understanding, I will be waiting for your reply,

Thanks for your understanding, I will be waiting for your reply,
Thanks
Rose
August 9, 2008
I had no idea what was going on the whole entire movie.
½ August 2, 2008
Sweet and natural story, but McGrath is irritating throughout, even when he gets it. But all the minor roles are great, especially Sedaris and Friedlander.
July 30, 2008
The main character is so unredeeming and barely likable. That might be the story's point, but a movie should still have someone you wanna root for at least just a little. The good news is that, where this movie fails in the lead character department, it is populated quite healthily by an eclectic range of supporting players. Judah Friendlander plays opposite of his "30 Rock" role to become someone utterly lovable, and Amy Sedaris makes the most out of a bit part that should have been so much more. In other good news, the movie is at least nice to look at.
June 29, 2008
Saw this at the Tribeca Film Fest when it came out two years ago. Funny and quirky as most independent comedies are required to be, worth watching when it is available to rent. Quite promising cast and crew.
June 27, 2008
Other movie awards than the Oscars, Emmys and such, like the type held in a dumpster behind Sundance, are often claimed to be WORLD RENOWNED and INFAMOUS. What a load of #"&$! Nobody really knows these awards, and only 4 people or less actually care. Some are not even real. Some more than others. This goes to the category of "Sideshow films", which are not really interesting, consist of 92% silence and nobody is interested in them.