The Fuller Brush Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fuller Brush Girl Reviews

½ September 5, 2010
This movie is incredibly too silly and goofy, and the gags just go on and on even after they aren't funny anymore. There are some good actors in the movie, but that doesn't help.
½ December 24, 2013
Pretty good of Lucille ball, funny as always, originally saw this on TCM, greatly entertaining comedy action film for the entire family to watch.
½ November 6, 2011
This is an early gem of Lucille Ball at her comic best. The perfectly timed dead-pan looks and incredulous expressions set her in our minds, as surely as a home perm, to establish her as a comic genius that others in her wake can only aspire to. Her equally great skill was to carve a path, scratching and fighting in a man's world in the studio jungle, to estblish Desilu productions. Hard to be funny, tough, respected, feared and loved but Lucille Ball did all that and brought up two kids in amongst all the maelstrom. Few stars can put their names to that number of achievements.
August 21, 2011
Totally silly and far-fetched but probably my favorite Lucille Ball movie, not only because it's most similar to her persona on I Love Lucy, but just because the slapstick is so absurd and broad, just like a cartoon, that it's funny. I just get a kick out of this movie. I just love the hair-perm scene, and the chase on the boat, and the burlesque number. Just classics to me.
January 27, 2011
Great film and true precursor to "I Love Lucy"'s scattertbrained protagonist Lucy Ricardo.