100% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder Reviews

skactopus
skactopus

August 31, 2008
Peter Avanzino's Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder goes for a wild ride.The storytelling is tight for the entire 80+ minutes. Each of the major characters share the screen time equally with their own developed subplots that all intertwine when needed. There isn't a lot of time utilized on new characters and much of the story takes place in space; an environment fit for an animated science fiction story.The jokes and comedic antics work their magic, although not a 100% of the time. There always seems to be hits and misses, but all's well that ends well here.Billy West, Katey Sagal, and John DiMaggio are present to lend their voices. Does it really matter who else is in here? Not really, but there are some guest appearances.Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder has mini golf. Enough said.
Anthony L

January 14, 2013
I liked the way everything was left in this, the last of the four Futurama films. It isn't my favourite of the four but I would argue it is the best scripted with the most witty one-liners. More please, much much more!!
James A

July 23, 2010
A descent bridge for the new series that started in Comedy Central
Lewis C

December 10, 2009
None of the Futurama movies are equal to the outstanding quality of the best episodes of the original four seasons, but the last two (Bender's Game and Into the Wild Green Yonder) are a lot better than the first two movies. It's like the writers have gotten back into the Futurama groove, and it pays off.

Into the Wild Green Yonder is quite funny at times, and the story is just zany enough to have that Futurama flavor. A few moments of random humor felt a little too close to what Family Guy usually does, but overall I felt satisfied as a Futurama fan.
Alexander W

May 20, 2009
I can glady get sucked into this . Awful gibberish tho, nice animations and pure fun cartoon like they used to make em. But to be honest I think I am a bit old for this. Still... :P
Jens S

March 4, 2009
The last of the Straight to DVD releases about the adventures of the Planet Express crew is a worthy ending for the former TV heroes. The story about gigantic mini golf courses, feminist environment activists and mysterious mind reading secret societies is just as whacked as the show always was, with the usual movie and pop culture references and guest voices. The result is very entertaining, funny, sometimes even exciting and the ending simply wonderfully cheesy. On this great level it would have been nice to see more adventures of Fry, Bender and friends, but at least they went out with a bang. Fans should be satisfied. All others won't get it anyway.
RCCLBC
RCCLBC

March 4, 2009
The 4th and sadly the last of the straight to DVD movies, staring the Futurama gang.

Not the best of the four, but a must see for fans of the series none the less. Full of funny sight and dialog "bits".

Even the little things are ammusing, like the name of the themed slot machines in "New Las Vegas". My favorite: Granny's Last Nickle.
Phil H

March 1, 2009
Meh...not bad but not great. Apart from the odd nice lines here and there its pretty average and atad confusing at the end actually haha
My fav characters Kif and Brannigan have some great lines :)
The plot is too lame frankly, just not interesting atall which leads to it dragging, its 1h 29min and I was getting bored to the max.

Might work better in 30min slots again but I think many of the characters have become rather dull. Only Kif, Brannigan, Zoidberg and Bender hold it together, the rest are very flat and unfunny now, but thats just me.
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

November 1, 2008
Finally a Futurama movie worthy of the name! I kind of expected this to suck like the last two films, but it actually turned out to be really funny and entertaining. The writers have really redeemed themselves here, even if I'm still a little annoyed by the fact that it took them three movies to get their act together. This might also be the last we'll ever see of Fry, Bender, Leela and all the others, which is a shame indeed now that it has returned at last to comedy greatness. But all is well that ends well I guess, and this movie sure ended on a high note.
Aaron N

November 9, 2008
Hermes Conrad: Bender, are you crazy?
Bender: Nooo, it's Fry who's crazy in this one!

The last chapter in the four direct-to-dvd releases of Futurama. It has plenty of good laughs, to me ranking second, behind Bender's Big Score, in terms of best feature. The problems remain in stretching out a plot into one long feature, while clearly having been designed as four related episodes, but the number of laughs did help.

Zapp: We made it through Kif, how many men did we lose
Kif: All of them

The story this time around involves an ecosystem on an asteroid, which may be blown up unless the Planet Express crew can stop it. You also have subplots involving Fry reading minds and Bender dating a robot mafia boss's wife.

Leela: Put your hands in the air!
Snoop Dogg: Should we wave them like we just don't care?
Leela: That's optional.

What certainly comes through here is the general with you find with Futurama style humor. Sure there are some great visual gags and talented and funny voice acting, but a lot of the background stuff is what keeps many fans coming back.

These dtv features certainly haven't provided the best that Futurama could offer compared to some stand out episodes, but they were still fun, and the ending actually does close the show, while still providing the opportunity for more. I could only hope it does and the show could return to be better than ever.

LaBarbara Conrad: From now on, you make your own Manwiches!
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

October 25, 2008
Into The Wild Green Yonder, being the fourth direct-to-DVD installment of Futurama, is as fresh and entertaining as the previous three. The story seems a little convoluted at first, but makes up for itself later in the show. The cast is great and funny as always. What really shocked me about the cast of this adventure was Seth Mcfarlane popping up in it for a guest spot, which is unusual given Seth's nature over at Family Guy as a guy who pretty much dislikes everything else on television. Snoop Dogg also pops up in the show with some funny bits. The animation, as always, is top of the line and never boring, as is the score. I love the way the movie ended, but hopefully it isn't the final word on Futurama. Rumors are that Comedy Central or Fox could pick the show back up to begin anew. I truly hope so because this is my favorite animated tv series of all time and I would love to see it born again.
Dann M

January 5, 2014
"Into the breach meatbags." The last of the Futurama films, Into the Wild Green Yonder sends the Planet Express crew out with a thrilling and exciting adventure into the unknown. When Amy's father attempts to destroy an asteroid full of endangered species in order to build an interstellar miniature golf course Leela joins a feminist protest group to stop the construction; meanwhile Fry acquires mindreading powers and joins the Legion of Mad Fellows, who are dedicated to stopping the Dark Ones from destroying all life in the universe. The story's a little complex, but allows for the inclusion of a lot of fan favored characters, like the Donbot, President Nixon, Capt. Zapp Brannigan, and Morbo. However, the comedy, while delivering plenty of laughs, lacks the cleverness and originality that is typical of the series. With the end nigh Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder provides a fitting conclusion to the film saga.
brandonklaus2
brandonklaus2

March 18, 2009
I think it's probably the best of the 4 movies, but I still didn't love it all that much. As far as being a finale, they wrapped things up quite well.
Sean S

December 6, 2009
Not the best that I have seen from this franchise but it has a couple of funny moments. Worth seeing only if you have seen the rest.
spaulsson
spaulsson

February 20, 2009
Probably, but not hopefully, the last instalment in the Futurama series. It starts off pretty slow and I thought that the best, and most misunderstood, show ever would go into the grave with shame. Fortunately, it picks up pace after a while and becomes both funny and interesting. Despite a very enjoyable movie I would rank this as the worst (no, least good) of the four movies. If I was religious I would pray every night for this show to be revived.
kenscheck
September 14, 2011
Maybe not the best episode of the series. Maybe not the best of the movies. But you know what? Its funny. Its well written...and dammit, its a fitting end to the series, and as much as I love the actual series finale, this closes all the characters and the plot of the show, not just Fry and Leela. Its a fitting end to a great show. It may have come back, but if this had really been the end I would not have been disappointed in the slightest.
October 19, 2008
Another okay Futurama film, but not quite up to the caliber of the series. The feminists took up way too much screen time, and were more obnoxious than funny. I'll be waiting for the release of a Tickel Me Bender, but other than that there's not much memorable about this one.
September 6, 2009
Worst of all the Futurama movies. What a way to go out on a whimper. Idiots should have just left well enough alone.
August 22, 2009
This was another hilarious entry in the "Futurama" movie series. Quite a bit more sexual innuendo than ever before, but still just as many laughs. A bit of an improvement over the last film.
May 28, 2009
The second DVD Futurama movie to disapoint - although definately an improvement on Bender's game. This time around it all seems a little too neat and on auto pilot. Lets hope they can redeem themselves with the newly commissioned fifth full season :D