70% The Equalizer Sep 26

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie Reviews

DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

February 27, 2011
The Garbage Pail Kids is without a doubt the #1 worst film ever made in history. It isn't a comedy, or a fun movie, I am not kidding you my friend owns this (he hates it too) and we used the disc to cut pizza and used it for a bunch of other crap, because the movie is shit! The plot is a piece of shit, as a kid stumbles upon a trash can and a bunch of disgusting little puppets who the creators thought were cute but acttually are disgusting little fucks!!! They make jokes about crap, and toilet humor, and farting, and if you like that crap, may god have mercy on your souls. I mean come on, one is a alligator, a slobbering pig tail girl, and slick haired farter, and worst of all the worst of them all... Theres one of them in a superhero outfit with zits on 98% of his face and is a fire haired freak and who is a four eyed creepy kid who randomly pisses himself. The real actors are terrible also, espically the kid actors. The puppets are so creepy and they sing songs that will chill your bones, and this is supposed to be a kids movie. I will hate this movie for as long as I live and its not funny, or cute, or cool, or smart, this a terrible, disgusting, worthless movie that I will hate until the day I die.
AJ V

September 13, 2010
The most amazingly stupid, gross, ridiculous kids movie I've ever seen, I think. Almost so bad it's good, but then it fell back to bad again towards the end. See this for yourself if you dare.
Conner R

September 14, 2010
I was expecting this to be trashy and sort've in the same reign as Toxic Avenger, but it is a complete failure. It's not funny, just really disgusting and overly campy to the point where it's just revolting. The look of it is just terrible, it feels like it was made on the budget of an after-school special. This doesn't even work on a sarcastic level, it's just revolting and corny beyond belief.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 19, 2009
It doesn't get any grosser than this!
Megan S

October 2, 2009
Yup, it was terrible. I never watched this when I was a kid but I figured I needed to see it just once considering I was a Garbage Pail Kid for Halloween (Michelle Muck!) when I was little.
Luke B

August 26, 2006
In terms of nostalgia and being confusingly terrible, this film can be a delight to watch. The characters are gross, in movie terms, they don't even begin to reach the sickening heights of the cards. They are also pretty much the same which gets dull. The kids look great but their just isn't enough movement in their faces to realy connect with them. The plot is simply bizarre, with the kids designing clothes for a fashion show. It was refreshing to see the girl of the young protagonists dreams turn out to be a bitch and there not being another girl for him to turn to. With 20 year old bullies being attractive to girls by beating up 14 year olds and lines like "Suck a rope" this is only for those that remember the cards.
Bradley W

December 2, 2011
The Garbage Pail Kids is without any doubt in my mind, the worst motion picture ever made. Its not funny, its not cute, and its just not likable in anything. I was sick after watching this grotess piece of crap and I hope to God almighty that I will never have to experience this terrible and monstrosity of a film that should not even get the title of being called a movie, but instead should be, for all time, referred to as the worst film in American History. The plot is so pointless and idiotic that it must've been written by chimps, the characters (mostly those stupid puppets) were ugly and I hated them all, and the cast should have been outlawed from ever acting again. If you ever asked me what movie I hate the most it would be this terrible movie.
Shawn M

May 31, 2013
Why so much hate for this movie? haha, i thought it was discustingly beautiful and cute haha
Cameron W. Johnson
Cameron W. Johnson

April 26, 2011
If anyone's wondering how creepy and scary the costumes look, that scene in "Cloverfield" where we first see Clover as thrusts his face right into the camera and bursts his mouth open to release a loud, furious and explosive roar in your face has nothing on this movie's costume designs. Of course, the costumes seem to be best thing about this movie. This trash spills over with bad acting, atrocious writing, choppy editing, bad music, inconsistant character behavior and roles, a bad ending and tasteless toilet humor. Of course, I will admit that the Ali Gator character provided some amusement, a total of about 15 seconds of it. Still, what might be the most despicable sin committed by the movie is that it's a family movie that's embarassing for any self-respecting adult and discomforting for the children it's "intended" for. To summarize, "The Garbage Pail Kids Movie" is a poorly-crafted, immature and unbearable pain that's only good for living up to its name: "garbage".
chadroesti
chadroesti

December 5, 2007
Kind of a crap movie - watched it long ago...
DrLappos
DrLappos

June 9, 2007
So stupid but watchable
rodjeckrich
July 26, 2013
Garbage Pail Kids is one of those movies where you have to wonder how it got made. I actually saw this at the drive-in as a kid with Masters of the Universe and liked it. As an adult, and even as a youngster who would see this again it was obvious that is a train wreck of the most entertaining fashion. I mean, lets market something to kids with ugly costumes and show stoppers such as urine, snot, farts, and vomit You have to marvel at who the audience was for this. While a terrible movie, it could have been way worse. Juice was a lame villain and is the kind of cheese that makes the movie special.
kenscheck
February 23, 2013
The movie begins with a little boy being terrorized by adults who are such losers that they have nothing better to do than to pick on children have their size. They are meant to be tough guys, but they come off incredibly lame and weak to me. After they attempt to murder this child in the sewers he is saved by the Garbage Pail Kids, who are gross monsters from an outer space garbage can based on popular trading cards from the 80s. He uses then uses them to sew up a clothing line for the bitchy girl he likes, but she can't stand them. There are essentially no redeeming characters in this flick. The puppet effects look cheap and terrible, and the movie's plot is all around bad...with lame humor that is for the lowest common denominator.
hellokittygraming
January 28, 2013
My cousin and sister would get madd because i called them messy tessy when we lil lol me n my kids like five star movie ..
LuvWinstead01
July 21, 2011
WORST WORST WORST EVR, no one could say anything positive about this peice of shit. No talent, no effort, no story at all...... just pure, constant pain!!! This is something so bad that it should b studied by experts, its the worst movie ever god dammit and if anyone says anything good bout it they can just go 2 hell. im just lucky i survived after i saw it! -12/10
July 2, 2012
This was really bad. I mean, seriously bad. Dangerous bad up to its standards. I don't know why anyone could think a movie made from TRADING CARDS could be a good movie. How could it work? Well, let's see here in the plot on how it didn't work:
Dodger is a normal kid who is always beat up by a bully twice his age named "Juice" (Huh?), along with his cronies. Dodger works at Captain Manzini's antique shop, where he finds a trash can where green sludge comes out that he is forbidden to open. Dodger also has a little crush on Juice's girlfriend "Tangerine" (What is up with these names?), who is just using him to create shirts for a fashion show later on. Anyway, Dodger finds these hideous, terrible, bad-mannered, and most of all CREEPY kids called "The Garbage Pail Kids". Each one of them as their own gross talent, from puking to peeing their pants to farting, all of them aren't funny. It's just gross and stupid. But still, they misbehave but agree to sew some shirts for Dodger to impress Tangerine with. They later fail to attempt to entertain audiences by stealing a Pepsi truck ("We're the Pepsi generation now!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA not funny), wrecking a Three Stooges movie at the theater, and doing just plain stupid stuff. Soon we learn that the Kids have to stay away from humans or else they go to a pound-like place called "The State Home for the Ugly" or something. It's ridiculous- they lock up ugly people for being too fat (Santa), too bald (Ghandi), or too tall (Abe Lincoln). Anyway, the kids eventually get out, trash Tangerine's fashion show because Tangerine helped Juice take the kids to go to the Ugly Place, and then Dodger gives Tangerine one last burn: "I don't think you're pretty anymore." Seriously, that's it? Like that's really heartbreaking.
Clearly, I hated this film. Why? I could go on and on and I will. For one, terrible, terrible acting and puppeteering. The Kids look like they just move their mouths whenever they want. For two, why make a movie from a trading card line? Why didn't they choose a book to adapt or something? The biggest reason I hate it is...it's not funny! If these writers think a kid with pimples all over his face who pees his pants every other scene is funny, they must be insanely stupid. The humor in this film is stupid, with jokes like nibbling toes, puking on people, eating snot, peeing pants, waking up people with smelly farts, and other crappy jokes. Seriously, protect yourself and don't see this disgrace of a film. This is why it's known to be one of the worst films to be ever made. 'Nuff said.
May 26, 2011
...no. No, no, NO. This is AWFUL. It's stupid, it's gross, it's not funny, it's just...stupid. Unbelievably stupid. I used to think that it was "so-bad-it's-good." I'm not sure why, because it's WAY too bad to be so-bad-it's-good. Plus, I'm almost entirely sure that I heard someone in the background say the f-word during the bar scene. As if it wasn't offensive enough. THIS. IS NOT. FOR CHILDREN.
The80sExpert
September 13, 2010
This is one of the strangest movies of the eighties. While watching I went from thinking the movie was the worst I'd ever seen, and then I moved to the "so bad it's good" category, and then when it got to the ending I changed my mind again and thought: "well it accomplishes the goal of being gross, it's funny when it's not trying to be and unfunny when it does try, the songs in the middle of nowhere are so annoying, but it was somewhat entertaining and if I was a kid I might like it." Overall, a so-so movie. Still, I'd recommend this to kids under 12.
February 18, 2010
Now I'm a man who loves me a campy 80's flick. Give me Ghoulies, The Gate, hell... even Troll 2 and I'll be entranced! But the Garbage Pail Kids cannot be saved by random inspirational breaking out in song or making fun of Tangerine and her abusive gay boyfriend. Okay, so watching a prepubescent dweeb go after a seemingly thirty year old teenager was amusing ...while her forty year old boyfriends beat him up. The asylum for uglies could have been far more awesome.
November 3, 2007
You know how David Cronenberg makes movies which are "disturbing", but in an interesting, positive way? This movie is very disturbing, but not in that good, fun way.