90% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

41% Working the Engels: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Garfield Gets Real Reviews

February 4, 2011
Cheesy looking CG, but it had an interesting plot, great use of comic strip characters, and a great performance from Frank Welker as Garfield and Odie
Nicolas K

March 9, 2008
I think Garfield is better on a comic strip.
December 21, 2008
I really wanted to like this. I liked the movies and I love the cartoon and comic strip. However, this movie fell flat horribly. I liked the way they looked, but it was something in the animation and the way they moved that really bothered me. Especially since the reactions are one of the main components of the humor. Kids unaware of the history of Garfield would enjoy this more than actual fans.
December 4, 2008
I like Garfield! it was a nice movie. I like the part where all these little dogs were trying to get the bone..it's rilarious!!
MovieLover57
May 28, 2008
Garfield's Translation To The 2D To The 3D is an OK Idea I Guess. The Movie is 100% 3D Animated. I Think He Should've Gone To The 3D World, To The Real World Would've Been a Better Idea.

''Garfield Gets Real'' is Not as Great as The First ''Garfield - The Movie'', But, It's Way Better Than The Dissapointed ''Garfield - A Tail of Two Kitties''.
cryingfairygirl
August 8, 2008
Not the best of Garfield but touching none the less. Oddie actually talks in this one. Just 2 words but it's a change from the norm.
joyouskiss
January 21, 2008
Amazing 3-D Garfield cartoon to date! I just love it, it's a cool effect. However it isn't as funny as the series, it is more mature... Not to worry, I doubt Garfield would grow up in a long long time. Also Odie is adorably cute as 3-D! The Jon however looks funny weird as a 3-D character. (laugh)
May 10, 2014
This is the worst thing.
April 23, 2012
It's so bland and-simple, it's just no fun at any level. There's nothing real on this Garfield.
June 18, 2011
While Garfield learns a very obvious lesson on what it would be like if he left his own world and it doesn't teach us anything new, the movie is EXTREMELY funny.

February 4, 2011
Tyler V.
December 16, 2010
Better than okay, just not good.
garfield2710
October 14, 2010
This film is far from being genius, but I will say that the plot was highly original. I love the idea of comics being together in one world and they treat comic strips like films. While the animation was abysmal, the film was decent enough to keep me interested.
Jericho A.
May 24, 2010
I would be honest in saying that this is actually a cute film but still, its absolutely stupid. If i watched this 9 years ago (which makes me 5) I wouldve thought this was cool but it certainly is not. How much animated films are going to show us more crap?
InsertUnameHere
April 20, 2010
Everybody knows the smart-aleck overweight cat Garfield. He has an owner named John, has a dog who he lives with named Odie, and talks in thought bubbles. But what you didn't know about Garfield was "Garfield Gets Real", Garfield's initial jump into the realm of CGI. But with horrible animation, stale jokes, and one-star actors in tow, you would wish this tiger-striped feline would never make his way into 3-D in the first place.

STORY

This movie's first scene is when the lazy kitten himself wakes up from sleep. Garfield completes his daily routine, then out to the comic center to make the funnies. While on the job, Garfield wishes he could take a break from his job and become a real cat. When Garfield stumbles into the real world, he's amazed. From this storyline, Garfield Gets Real spawned 2 sequels.

The story is what all Garfield fans have dreamed of, since they weren't satisfied with the original Garfield movie in 2004. This movie was not the big dream. In fact, Cartoon Network saw how "great" the show is and made an awful cartoon based off it.

ACTING

The acting makes you want to drown kittens, no joke. Garfield sounds like he is on a drug high and posessed by Satan. All the newspaper comic characters in the movie sound even worse, making you never to read the newspaper again. Garfield Gets Real tells you a clear message why Garfield's voice actor should never be replaced. This movie will make the Newspaper Comics section haunt your dreams.

QUALITY

The DVD cover says that Garfield Gets Real uses "amazing CGI animation". Garfield Gets Real looks like a bad game on the Nintendo Gamecube. How much time was put into this movie was awfully short, only making the animation for the movie in less than a few minutes. The quality of Garfield Gets Real will leave you crawling on all fours.

DVD

Garfield Gets Real was a straight-to-DVD release, but that factor still makes it a terrible movie. The DVD features are downright bad.

SUMMARY

It was a huge mistake for PAWS Inc. to make a worse movie than the first two Garfields. We thought we had enough of this cartoony cat in 2007, but PAWS just wanted to make Garfield Gets Real into a separate movie franchise and a TV show. Nice job, Garfield.
jennifer b.
April 6, 2010
My 8 yr old loves this and can watch it countless times, eyes transfixed, mesmerised and wonderstruck.

why kids love this film so much is a mystery, because it is dire.

i asked my daughter why she loves it so much. Her answer?

"I don't know."

Mysterious!
Andy G.
March 29, 2010
This is a flicking CGI film that kids will watch again and again.
Dee
December 30, 2009
Garfield gets real. How?

"Garfield Gets Real" is a 3D animation about Garfield, being a fictional character, getting lost in the real world.

Honestly, I don't know how Garfield can go "Huh, what is this strange place?" when he gets lost in a world with characters that look exactly like him and the people in his world. I'm not sure if bad 3D quality makes it look that way, but even that Siamese cat, his awkard dog friend and female cat-dog friend Garfield meets in the real world are more a cartoon than he is.
Plus they both "talk"; how can that freak be more real than Garfield? Just because everyone knows he appears in comics in the newspaper?

It's not a movie I completely hate, I'm a Garfield whore. The basic plot is just great, and it could have been a very popular movie if was performed right.
slippery w.
November 30, 2009
the story was deep and complex, the animation was Pixar quality, the voice acting was second-to-none. A masterpiece of modern films.

(this review was a joke and is not to be considered seriously)
Taylors Creepers
November 22, 2009
Garbage. Jokes and things happen that make absolutely no sense. And a bunch of comic book characters who don't talk or do anything. Don't get me wrong there were a couple of funny jokes, but most of the time there was stuff happening that were random. On the bright side, the guy who played as Garfield did a pretty good job.