• R, 1 hr. 27 min.

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Ghosts of Goldfield Reviews

March 8, 2012
Featuring wrestling legend Roddy Piper is about the only thing that Ghosts of Goldfield has going for it. Otherwise, it is just another stupid, derivative piece of haunted house cinema that won't be remembered for more than five minutes after credits roll.
November 10, 2010
This movie was disappointing at best. It was strange that supposedly at night time, you could see daylight through the windows... talk about a blooper. But in any case, the movie flowed at a sluggish pace and failed to develop much-needed tension and anxiety that a horror flick should deliver. In my opinion, Ghosts of Goldfield had some potential but lacked the momentum to convince me of anything taking place. Non of the characters were believable or likable, and stating that they were obnoxious would be a huge understatement. The acting, the script, and the special effects could have used some major attention to give this movie any credibility. Although I'm not going to tell any viewers to not see this film, I would recommend that you proceed with caution because you might turn out to be disappointed like so many others.
angel0974
July 7, 2010
Ok I have to admit the reason I watched this one was because of Kellan Lutz. Yeah he also plays Emmit on the Twilight Saga movies.

Over all the movie was not that bad. Some of the special affects could have been better.
bill s.
September 17, 2013
Every trait that a horrible horror movie might include is on display in this movie.....on even worse.
July 20, 2013
Slow moving, acting isn't awful, interesting story but not that compelling
April 19, 2013
I like Roddy Piper quite a bit. Besides him, this movie is awful. The characters had IQs lower than dented ping-pong balls. Terrible acting, worse script and an obvious, plodding, terrible plot.
October 14, 2012
This was purely awful. From dialogue to story... everything was awful. I could not delete it fast enough. This movie is what unintelligent people come up with when they get drunk and have money to burn. Sooo awful..
Dave J
November 9, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011

(2007) Ghosts of Goldfield
HORROR

Straight-to-rent ghost flick and is inconsistent in terms of it's storyline centering on five teens who're supposed to be ghost hunting, except one of them had her own agenda to return to a particular hotel located at a ghost town! The movie leaves more questions than it gives any answers.

1 out of 4 stars
Kurt Bell
July 5, 2010
Pretty standard story line for a horror, a bunch of teenagers end up in a mansion or large building with a restless spirit who is unable to pass over to the other side because of some silly reason. The kids get axed and that's pretty much all that happens, all the usual things are included that just spell a recipe for disaster in teenager infested horror's.

The acting is pretty standard of these sorts of films, which means pretty bad... Notable bad performances were the ghost, every time she opened her mouth it was a case of verbal diarrhea. There was only one performance I admired in particular which is Roddy Piper! obviously because his unforgettable performance in "They Live". The DVD cover of Ghosts of Goldfield has Roddy Piper's name at the top as if he's staring in the movie but he must appear in it for a maximum of ten minutes if you add all his scenes up.

There wasn't an ounce of originality within the feature, the kids act like a bunch of pricks and it's obvious they are all going to get a face full of ghost so Roddy doesn't bother to put them through his pubs bar worktop and just gives them the key to the haunted hotel instead. Like usual all the teenagers die in order of who is the biggest prick or who is the biggest stud and manages to shaft some females. One of the girl's to go happens to be a thief and a slag so she bites the dust first. The last person to go is always the innocent girl who shouldn't really be there; it's been a rare occasion to actually see the bloke survive when you also have a smoking hot virgin in the film.

There is one annoying character in particular. You always get the one in every movies of this calibre who jumps out from behind a cupboard to scare the rest senseless and it just becomes so annoying, it would be more of a surprise if it was actually the ghost doing this within the first twenty minutes. Some of the directing within the movie is absolute diabolical, I don't want to be fed the same crappy camera angles and murder scenes in every horror movie, well at least not one from the year 2007 anyway. In comparison to the movie "See No Evil" staring another wrestler in the shape of Kane and also set in a hotel this is about ten times worse; at least the deaths in "See No Evil" were original and made you cringe.

Another problem which stuck with me that I feel necessary to share are that in the flash backs Roddy Piper's side burns are blatantly stuck on with no more nails or something; I couldn't take it seriously in the slightest. Even with all the problems I have listed I shall still award Ghosts of Goldfield a generous ten percent, the only thing earning it this is because of that ten minutes with Roddy (one percent a minute) and the man doesn't look a day older since he stared in the classic "They Live".
Paul Chambers
July 9, 2009
ultra low-budget spooker that fails to spook. Paul Chambers, CNN.
Zeppo1
June 15, 2009
* out of four)

You know there is something wrong with a movie when you can say that Kellan Lutz is the most seasoned and best actor on the production.

It also has a lot of nerve stating this is based on a true story. The only thing that is true is the Goldfield, Nevada Hotel is rumored to be haunted. One spirit may be that of a woman looking for her dead baby. In the film 5 college students (isn't it always) investigate the hotel, only to be stalked by a deadly stripper-looking ghost wearing negligee.
jazza923
May 31, 2009
Unimpressive low budget horror film, cheesy production, fair special effects. It has a spooky atmosphere at times, but overall it's nothing special at all.