G.I. Joe---The Movie Reviews

½ September 17, 2009
Wow i hadnt seen this in a long time. Watched it tonight with my daughter. It was very very bad . just wow. .w hat a really bad movie :)
½ December 28, 2012
I'm watching this at the moment, so this isn't a full review yet, but so far it's much more true to the show than the new live action movie.
½ August 1, 2008
G.I. Joe: The Movie is yet another '80's toy advertisment. Now I was a huge fan of G.I. Joe, but this movie ruined it for me. Cobra Commander was some weird snake man from a civilization in the Himalayas? WTF? That's not Larry Hana said!
Pretty much a rehash of the plot to the Transformers movie with Don Johnson voicing the cocky good guy that becomes a hero. I can't forget Burgess Meredith as Golobulus, a snake man with an attitude.
July 15, 2007
Long before Pokemon the movie we had "G.I. Joe: The Movie" which was a hyper-episode of the TV series with great songs. Cel-Animated format; it would've been cool to see the toys themselves being stop-motion animated as the "Robot Chicken" show was able to do.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 25, 2007
great old school cartoon movie
½ March 17, 2013
"Yo Joe!" Hasbro takes their toy commercial to the big screen; and make no mistake, that's exactly what G.I. Joe: The Movie is...a 90 min. toy commercial. The plot is ridiculously bizarre, a pre-historic civilization living in a section of the Himalayas called Cobra-La joins forces with Cobra in order to launch a biological attack on the world population, and it's up to a rag-tag group of new G.I. Joes to stop them. The film moves extremely fast, making it extraordinarily hard to follow. And all the familiar characters from the television show take a back seat to the new character (so that Hasbro can sell action figures). G.I. Joe: The Movie is commercialism gone awry, and represents all that is soulless and wrong with children's cartoons.
October 24, 2012
I grew up with the 1980's cartoon GI JOE. This film has some fun and some great one liners, but overall it drowns in it's own absurdity. Even as a fan of GI JOE and a child of the 80's. One Cobra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la "battle cry" and you want to tear out your home entertainment speakers.
jim222001us
August 21, 2007
I loved this back in the day lol
chadroesti
April 3, 2007
...and knowing is half the battle LOL!!! GI JOE is the code name for America's highly trained special mission force...Its purpose, to defend freedom against Cobra...A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world!
June 18, 2014
Loses a star for that Cobra-La nonsense, but, still a good flick. And most importantly Cobra Commander is voiced by the only man who can do it, Chris Latta.
December 28, 2008
This is one great movie! Even with the horrid Commander origin-I am wondering how this summer's live action will stack up!
September 28, 2008
This is G.I. Joe kinda jumping the shark, going into the bizarre backstory of Cobra. But it still manages to kick ass.
½ July 5, 2008
GI Joe the Movie was so silly it was good. This 1987 answer to Transformers, from the year before, pits GI Joe against Cobra, from another popular cartoon series. But now, Cobra has joined forces with the evil Snake People, and they plan to destroy humanity by turning them into savages using alien spores. "Yo Joe!"
June 21, 2008
G.I. Joe was like the Army's promotional video for kids. Besides that it made a pretty interesting show that was fun to watch same goes with the movie.
June 1, 2008
Very awesome cartoon movie, the wrters and the animators did really well with this film adaptation of one f the greatest cartoons of the 1980s, "G.I. Joe". The newer characters like Cobra-La rule!.
May 29, 2008
I have to give this one 5 stars! I remember watching it as a kid and I still own the ol beat up VHS until I can find the DVD.
January 11, 2008
Yeah, this is such an 80s cartoon, but as a kid I loved this movie, and it still holds up....decently well as an adult. I put this over the TRANSFORMERS movie that came out around the same time....yeah, that's right....I said it. GI JOE THE MOVIE was better....Deal with it!!!
September 10, 2007
Still a Joe classic. Nothing has captured the horror of the heroes' defeat than like in this movie. I thought all the Joes at the begining fighting Cobra La died! Take that all you weaklings!
½ May 30, 2007
all i know is i have gotten my kids to watch some of the old cartoons that i grew up watching and i love it!
½ April 25, 2007
I love this movie a lot and was greatly saddened by the fact that my sister destroyed my copy. I will be getting another. I was wondering if anyone knew about the rumor about their being a copy where Duke dies at the end from the wound Serpentor gave him? If you notice when you watch the film, no one ever really responds to Doc's news that Duke survived...almost like it was spliced in later. If anyone knows the truth about this, feel free to let me know, all right?