Girl Shy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Girl Shy Reviews

April 21, 2014
With his own production company, Lloyd continued showing up other silent stars with the physicality inherent in his style of comedy. Watch closely and you'll notice a handful of continuity errors so common in other silent films.
May 13, 2010
I'm really surprised this story hasn't been recycled - funny and romantic and doesn't feel the least bit dated.
½ October 27, 2009
First film I ever saw at the Silent Film Festival in San Francisco. Great Harold Lloyd- featuring the great streetcar scene. The rest is fantastic as well - eat your hearts out Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton!
October 11, 2009
Perhaps my favorite Harold Lloyd film, this movie was less dated than a lot of his other work. The characters were charismatic, and the plot felt a lot less episodic. Enjoyable and memorable, as well as hysterical and heartwarming.
½ September 23, 2009
The first hour is pretty mundane -- a romantic comedy that's far too light on the comedy. But the end is dynamite: a madcap race to the church to stop a wedding and steal the bride. Most of the race is undercranked, which only adds to the insanity. It's interesting how many of these old rom-coms showcase the notion that you have to achieve some level of career success before you can marry the girl. It's an old-fashioned mindset, but kind of charming in a quaint way.
July 23, 2009
My second Harold Lloyd film. The first was Safety Last! which happens to be one of my new favorites. Girl Shy was not quite as good as Safety Last, but was still excellent. Lloyd is truly a comedic genius. I cannot believe his films aren't more popular. Girl Shy contains some really funny moments, touching scenes, and a terrific chase scene. That's one of my favorite car chases ever. All in all, a wonderful little film that should be seen by more people. I look forward to watching more of his films.
April 5, 2015
A simple, joyfull and high-quality silent-movie comedy.
April 21, 2014
½ March 29, 2014
A charming little film about a man who is particularly 'Girl Shy' and accidentally bumps into a girl he can't get out of his mind.

Filled with many cute great staged scenes for example where he is sitting on a boat day dreaming of his girl & the she crosses a bridge that is on top of him daydreaming of him.

The final chase in this film is utterly extraordinary multiple vehicle multiple locations & the excitement & speed of it is sensational!
½ March 26, 2014
still a very funny silent
March 20, 2012
Harold Lloyd as the stuttering girl-shy assistant tailor features one of the craziest and longest chase scenes ever made, pretty much the last 20 minutes is dedicated to it. Although we never get to see what was written in the "Secrets of Making Love" book, we can all imagine what it was, especially through the eyes of a virgin man at that age... I keep thinking of the card game scene in "The 40 Year Old Virgin", made 80 years later.
August 16, 2010
Not quite on the same level as Safety Last!, but still very enjoyable, and quite clever. Thin on plot, but Lloyd is very very entertaining to watch. It's all rather predictable, but the logistics of each situation is highly impressive. A charming film.
½ August 11, 2010
cảnh ?u?i bắt trong phim này và phim Sherlock Jr. là hình mẫu cho hàng ngàn, hàng vạn phim hành ??ng v? sau.
May 13, 2010
½ October 27, 2009
October 11, 2009
½ September 23, 2009
August 5, 2009
this guys like Indiana Jones. Just a goof thats all. Probebly one of first movies about a guy trying to break up a wedding. if not the first. wow almost a 100 years ago this was made...
July 23, 2009
½ May 30, 2009
Harold Lloyd's most moving performance. This must also set some kind of record for most transport in a chase sequence. Harold switches between what must 30 different cars, truck, horse carts, etc.