• Glitter

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Glitter Reviews

Wildaly M

July 24, 2007
Mariah Carey = super cliche movie.
Keysha H

September 4, 2007
When I worked at a video story we kept this film in the horror section. Nuff Said.
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
Pretty lame.
boxman
boxman

February 24, 2006
[font=Arial][color=darkred]It must be seen to be believed. A new college crap-fest drinking game has begun. Begin the 'Glitter' midnight shows! A new age is upon us! Forget the BC/AD time change, this is larger. Our land will now be known in two segments of time, Before 'Glitter' and After 'Glitter'. It truly is the dawn of a new age. Here are a few handful of 'Glitter's bon-mots it serves up to its audience :[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]-Mariah Carrey is shown leaving her real mom (black mom too) at age 8 with her kitten. Somewhere through 'Glitter' she has a fight with her boyfriend and takes her cat (yes the very same immortal cat that must have been pushing 20) and leaves.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]-She has a fight with said boyfriend and they both try and write a love song to show their remorse. Except they BOTH come up with the EXACT same song word for word, note for note, and NO ONE thinks this is the creepiest thing ever.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]-The movie freakin' ends with Carrey's boyfriend getting shot and killed. Yes, this is truly how the thing ends. Oh, like any of you cared about plot spoilers anyway.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]-Da Brat is in it for "comic relief."[/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#8b0000][/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#8b0000]-The movie is inexplicably set in the 1980s for no reason.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]No wonder Carrey was shipped into the Looney bin. Anyone would have to be crazy thinking 'Glitter' ever remotely resembled art. It's so bad it's awesome to watch. Bring some friends over, open up some alcohol, and let the fun times begin.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]Nate's Grade: F, like it matters though[/color][/font]
Haley A

July 3, 2007
The oppostie of the title.
supercrazy0304
March 13, 2014
I really don't care what anyone says. I love this movie. I thought the storyline was great, Mariah's acting skills are excellent and the best part about the movie is her vocals. The soundtrack is epic.
allefra25
April 2, 2010
I totally get how everyone thinks this movie is absolutely horrible. However, I don't share everyone's opinion. I thought this movie was below-average, but definitely not one of the worst movies I've ever seen. And Mariah Carey, while obviously self-obsessed, was not that bad.
MovieGuruDude72
May 22, 2007
When you're in the same ballpark as Gigli, Ishtar and Battlefield Earth you KNOW you have a major league stinker on your hands. Quite possibly the worst music-genre movie ever made and definitely one of the 10 worst movies of all time. Way to go Mariah! This thing was so bad I switched the channel and watched The Home Shopping Network. Seriously. I bought a new watch. It glittered more than this corn turd of a movie.
cocacolaprincess7
May 29, 2009
it was the best movie ever and mariah carey rocked during the movie i am her biggest fan ever every!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
athenacortez
March 23, 2009
it was not as bad a people made it out to be i think every one just expected too much out her her...not every one can do every thing well.
diamondthemovie
March 16, 2009
I am actually an extra in this favorite film of mine that I used to partially name my production company after featuring the Devine Diva of the 21st Century!!!
maclanticocean
February 2, 2009
Mariah Carey is a singer. Mariah Carey is a singer. Mariah Carey is a singer.
Just keep repeating that over and over. You'll be lulled into a trance then be such a huge Mariah fan that the movie may suck less for you through your own voice affirmation. If you're new to self hypnosis... don't try it at home. Its for the professionals kids. Works wonders.
Or buy ruby slippers and just wish you were somewhere else and maybe that will work too.
nmustafa93
January 10, 2009
i acually like this movie it was cute but mariah carey should stay with her singing career becx acting not so well
littleadidas085
September 24, 2008
One of the worst movies in the world don't waste your time to watch it unless you want a good laugh....
bahamianthickness
March 30, 2007
I dunno why this movie got bad reviews, I loved it.

I don't care what the critics say, this movie was AWESOME!!
crystalbrown0815
August 30, 2008
This movie got horrible reviews by critics, but I love Mariah and I thought the movie was wonderful!
firstamb
July 10, 2008
Glitter is just a sad comedy, really. Panned and lauded as the worst comedy ever, as falling star Maria Carey was eclipsed by Celine Dion, (who thankfully never did a movie). Carey plays herself as she gets famous. Maybe therein is the problem with musi stars turned movie stars...or trying to. Actually it's not totally horrid, just kinda boring and self depricating, almost humilating in a way. No wonder she went off the radar after this, for awhile.
rescueme39
June 19, 2008
My God.

Whoever was sitting around and decided to make a homeless-to-famous story starring Mariah Carey needs to be shot.
Or did this movie turn into Hitchcock after the first 10 minutes? Because that's all I could take.
ericdub
June 5, 2008
An embarrassing train wreck of a film. Literally nothing is done right. You'll find yourself repeatedly asking "What were they THINKING?" Stars a dude who was once described to me as "the British marky Mark."
February 17, 2008
I know alot of people think this movie wasn't good but I disagree. Mariah did a great job in this film. Yes, the plot was a bit obvious but all and all the movie was fun and nice to watch. Some of the actors weren't that great but still the movie was pretty good.