• R, 1 hr. 37 min.

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Going Overboard Reviews

AJ V

February 16, 2013
Despite the interesting choice of cast line up, and the fact that it's Sandler's first film, this movie was pretty bad. You're probably wondering why I even gave it two and half stars. Well, because I actually enjoyed some parts, and Sandler himself was a charming young man. Overall, though, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a die hard fan of him.
Bobby H

June 14, 2007
Movies pretty horrible, even for a low-budget film. It's seriously hard to get any worse. Adam Sandler is the man, but, this movie did what it was titled.. it went overboard, way before it started going!
Joseph E

April 13, 2007
You will want to jump overboard half way through the moive.
Sarah P

September 3, 2007
Horrible early movie from Adam Sandler
February 13, 2010
Only worth your time if you are a fan of Adam Sandler. Actually even if you are it's not worth watching. (First viewing - Teen years)
January 31, 2013
How could anybody, at any point in time, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, think that this movie was a good idea? "Going Overboard" is so awful that you can't even call it bad. You would have to invent a new term for this movie to explain the horrific stupidity contained within. This is truly worse than watching an animal die a slow, painful death. It has some of the worst dialogue that I have ever heard, maybe even worse that "Birdemic" and "The Room." For goodness sake, SOMEBODY BUILD A FOURTH WALL AND STOP ADAM SANDLER FROM TALKING TO ME! This 90-minute commentary between Sandler and the audience is absurd with lines like "These guys don't have anything to do with the film but we just threw them in for variety." I don't know who wrote the script or why they hired the worst cast of actors available (including Sandler) but this movie is painful. "Happy Gilmore" and "Billy Madison" are two of my favorite comedies of all time but the stupid humor in this film is delivered so poorly that it is just nauseating. Sandler's characters are always ridiculous and over-the-top (which makes them so memorable), but these ones are acted so unconvincingly that you just want to see them all go overboard with concrete shoes. I have watched some awful movies in my day but somehow, this film is a strong candidate for the worst movie ever.
July 31, 2007
This deserves so many negatives. It goes against all definitions of watchable. It's the exact opposite of entertaining. I can't believe this god a DVD release. What an embarrassment.
crazydeedee31
September 6, 2007
One of his first and you can tell it is old. Not very Funny but he is always funny to a point. I own it
November 1, 2007
Whenever I say a movie which isn't this movie is the worst movie I have ever seen, it is because I have blocked this movie from my memory.
JHeafitz
July 13, 2007
Skip this movie. poorly written. Tons of gratuitous bakini shots. cameo by Billy Bob Thorton. Burt Young's talent is wasted. Only interesting thing is looking how Adam Sandler has developed his stuff. It's not the worse movie I have seen.
June 15, 2007
one of the worse movies i have ever seen. Glad the rest of Sandlers movies did not turn out this bad.
LangDill
March 3, 2007
This is by far the worst movie I have ever seen. I would have had more fun getting a cavity filled. However, I still recommend that you see the movie because, let's face it, it's pretty cool to be able to say you've seen the worst movie ever made.
prentisminix
January 30, 2007
i gotta say, this was a pretty gay movie...i think it was probly one of his first little projects, and once he made it big, they released it...sorry, i'm a huge sandler fan, but this is a waste of time!
dalisherpa
January 21, 2007
Worst Movie Ever. I am a huge Adam Sandler fan, but this movie is by far the worst I have ever seen.
January 13, 2007
This was not one of Adam's good movies. I mean it may be a no budget film, but the acting wasn't all that good either.
onelazycracka
October 5, 2006
Stay as far away from this one as possible. This is an hour and thirty-nine minutes of your life that you will never get back.
This movie is horrible. It's some of Adam Sandler's earlier work, but with no budget, the film is a flop.
May 20, 2012
Compared to duds like Jack & Jill and the new about-to-open That's My Boy, this movie is actually 1) good and 2) funny!
Sandler should go back, not forward.
April 7, 2013
Adam Sandler at literally his worst
Patrick V.
November 10, 2013
Filled with unfunny jokes and bad acting, this film drowns in it's shame