Gold Diggers of 1937 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gold Diggers of 1937 Reviews

½ September 25, 2012
Like the other Gold Digger movies, this one also has a lot of funny moments, and I like that aspect of it. It's just the songs, which take up a lot of time, that aren't as great as the original. The original will always be the best of this series. Overall this movie is worth watching if you like Berkeley musicals, but otherwise not.
April 28, 2011
God, I just can't believe I've seen all these. I liked this one okay, but it was the worst because the musical numbers seemed completely off topic from the rest of the dialogue. And the story was actually kind of funny, too - but when it was time for the Big Show circa all Busby Berkeley productions - I just didn't care.
½ December 24, 2014
As this series went along, it got weaker and weaker; only two things merit a mention: the song "With Plenty of Money and You" and the Busby Berkeley finale, "All's Fair In Love and War."
December 13, 2011
We can see by the end of the 30's the Gold Diggers had mined out all the nuggets and get left with a dry hole.. Even Joan Blondell and the evergreen Dick Powell can't save this lowball from fizzling. You'll be U.N.I.T.E.D. (U Need Insurance To Escape Death) in your opinion of needing to take out some after suffering through this yarn about enterprising young gentlemen and ladies financing a broadway show using Life insurance. There is the great Busby Berkeley spectacle of course but it's at the very end and isn't as clever as in the previous two films.