Gordy Reviews

November 20, 2006
I've seen bits and pieces adding up to most of the movie that is known as Gordy on cable over the last month or so and I think it's safe to say this is one of the worst movies ever made. Picture a corn-fed, white trash, extra-chromosome boasting version of Babe. Just make sure you strip it of any creativity, suspend any and all disbelief then feed it a obscene amount of high fructose corn syrup and the worst parts of American culture. I know its a kids movie, but kids are not stupid and what you feed them now shapes who they turn out to be later. I swear, it should be a law that any and everyone who had anything to do with this movie should be hunted down and kicked until they're dead. With the exception of Roy Clark and Boxcar Willie. Their appearances don't excuse the vileness of this movie though and despite my utter hatred for this movie I'll watch it until the end if I see its on TV. (And really? Who names their kid Hanky? "Come on, Snotrag! Let's go to the tractor pull!") If an alien culture was to come down to Earth, hell-bent on destroying us and mentioned it was because of Gordy I would surrender. Completely surrender...
flixsterman
January 18, 2009
Dare I say it? A poor-man's Babe.
February 13, 2010
Gordy was made and released before Babe, so it's a little unfair how it so commonly gets overlooked as a ripoff. However, I do have to agree with the consensus that Babe is the better film and more suitable for all ages, whereas Gordy is more childish. (First viewing - Childhood)
January 31, 2014
This film is just a rip off of Babe but to be surprise, it doesn't rip off it as much. It's just a stupid told story that makes no sense. The pig doesn't talk much, and when he does it looks like he's having a heart attack. The acting is laughably stupid and most of the scenes are just awkward. The only thing that anyone remembers is the Pig Power In The House Music Video. Other than that, you can skip this stupid and just awkward film that will only make your kids confuse after wards.
November 18, 2011
"Kids will squeal for Gordy" I highly doubt it.
"The Pig That Made It Big" Unlike the sucess of this movie.

In Closing:
- Babe was way better.
September 12, 2007
God I haven't seen this movie in years! i actually used to own this movie but I haven't seen it for a very long time..
June 4, 2007
Okay....here's another talking pig movie that I used to watch when I was a kid. First comes "Babe" and now comes "Gordy". From what I saw in "Gordy", I guess the story's fine, and so are the talking animals.
½ May 3, 2014
This movie is absolutely terrible, though it's worth a watch just to see the amazingly cringe-worthy line dancing segment. This is NOT Babe.
½ August 19, 2013
Babe is better, go see that.
July 12, 2011
"Pig power in the House" is probably the only good thing that came from this pile of horse manure
½ November 25, 2012
Despite the fact the pig is cute 'Gordy' is a painful mess without a single brain cell or a funny joke.
½ June 7, 2012
This is just another Disney attempt to get with the times and fails.
½ December 5, 2011
Gordy is nothing but a low-budget rip-off of Babe the Pig, and this rip-off isn't very good in the least.
October 17, 2011
The only reason it got a two star rating is because it's got cute animals and kids... other than that it's not worth watching. I expected it to be worse, though.
½ August 8, 2011
It's not that bad, but it's not a good movie
½ August 2, 2011
When I was younger, I used to think that this and Babe were the same movie, but when you watch Gordy and Babe, they are two totally different movies. Babe is a great movie. Gordy isn't. Gordy is incredibly dumb, far-fetched, and also kind of a bore. Even kids will be bored as Gordy only talks about 25% of the movie and decides to focus on the humans who are very dull. The film has plot holes, strange moments and just some overall "what the heck did I just see" moments. Babe is how to do a talking pig film story correct. Gordy is how not to do it. In fact, I bet that could be a great thesis for film, why Babe worked and why Gordy didn't. In many words, Gordy is ridiculous, moronic, dumb, stupid, unfunny, dull, and boring. I don't know, maybe some kids liked it, but the question remains, why would you show them Gordy when you could show them Babe, or even Charlotte's Web? That remains a mystery to me.

3.0/10
July 10, 2011
I remember this movie bombing after release, and the producer running a commercial asking if she was wrong to think that a "wholesome" movie could compete at the bos office. The commercial ended with her saying something like, "your increased patronage this weekend will be appreciated."

"Gordy" is unfully, cornpone, sterile, boring, and proliferates a Reconstructionist animosity towards "The North.". It wasn't produced to entertain or be creative, or really to make money, but to be safe. Therefore no one liked it, from critics to families, or the half of the country above the mason dixon line.
June 16, 2011
BEST FUCKING MOVIE EVER!
½ June 10, 2011
STUPID! EVEN WORSE IN FRENCH
½ May 26, 2011
This is terrible. It's mindless, senseless, and absurd. I know it's a kids movie and all, but just stay away from it! That is all.