Gordy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gordy Reviews

November 20, 2006
I've seen bits and pieces adding up to most of the movie that is known as Gordy on cable over the last month or so and I think it's safe to say this is one of the worst movies ever made. Picture a corn-fed, white trash, extra-chromosome boasting version of Babe. Just make sure you strip it of any creativity, suspend any and all disbelief then feed it a obscene amount of high fructose corn syrup and the worst parts of American culture. I know its a kids movie, but kids are not stupid and what you feed them now shapes who they turn out to be later. I swear, it should be a law that any and everyone who had anything to do with this movie should be hunted down and kicked until they're dead. With the exception of Roy Clark and Boxcar Willie. Their appearances don't excuse the vileness of this movie though and despite my utter hatred for this movie I'll watch it until the end if I see its on TV. (And really? Who names their kid Hanky? "Come on, Snotrag! Let's go to the tractor pull!") If an alien culture was to come down to Earth, hell-bent on destroying us and mentioned it was because of Gordy I would surrender. Completely surrender...
flixsterman
January 18, 2009
Dare I say it? A poor-man's Babe.
½ April 23, 2016
What this movie does a terrible job at is establishing a norm. Plus the whole side plots that have nothing to do with Gordy finding his family and are so far beyond what a child would ever be interested in (re: changing camera lenses, dead grandfathers, line dancing).
½ August 21, 2014
This made me crave a Hardee's bacon burger after the credits started rolling. Seriously though, "Gordy" is a weak excuse for a barnyard comedy-drama. It might be wholesome for families, but not even children would find it a fun movie.

It didn't just rip off "Charlotte's Web", but this was the movie that almost made everyone not see "Babe", as they both premiered the same year.
July 24, 2014
Bad pig movie and disney movie. I expected better but love the singers and the song. Give a pig a company and so much money. Stupid.
February 13, 2010
Gordy was made and released before Babe, so it's a little unfair how it so commonly gets overlooked as a ripoff. However, I do have to agree with the consensus that Babe is the better film and more suitable for all ages, whereas Gordy is more childish. (First viewing - Childhood)
January 31, 2014
This film is just a rip off of Babe but to be surprise, it doesn't rip off it as much. It's just a stupid told story that makes no sense. The pig doesn't talk much, and when he does it looks like he's having a heart attack. The acting is laughably stupid and most of the scenes are just awkward. The only thing that anyone remembers is the Pig Power In The House Music Video. Other than that, you can skip this stupid and just awkward film that will only make your kids confuse after wards.
½ November 25, 2012
Despite the fact the pig is cute 'Gordy' is a painful mess without a single brain cell or a funny joke.
November 18, 2011
"Kids will squeal for Gordy" I highly doubt it.
"The Pig That Made It Big" Unlike the sucess of this movie.

In Closing:
- Babe was way better.
½ August 2, 2011
When I was younger, I used to think that this and Babe were the same movie, but when you watch Gordy and Babe, they are two totally different movies. Babe is a great movie. Gordy isn't. Gordy is incredibly dumb, far-fetched, and also kind of a bore. Even kids will be bored as Gordy only talks about 25% of the movie and decides to focus on the humans who are very dull. The film has plot holes, strange moments and just some overall "what the heck did I just see" moments. Babe is how to do a talking pig film story correct. Gordy is how not to do it. In fact, I bet that could be a great thesis for film, why Babe worked and why Gordy didn't. In many words, Gordy is ridiculous, moronic, dumb, stupid, unfunny, dull, and boring. I don't know, maybe some kids liked it, but the question remains, why would you show them Gordy when you could show them Babe, or even Charlotte's Web? That remains a mystery to me.

3.0/10
May 21, 2010
This might be a Babe knockoff, but I enjoyed it, and it's low rating is ridiculous.

It was refreshing to have dialogue where children interacted with old fashioned manners vs a recent movie with a foul mouthed 5 year old that received rave reviews. Yes, the other movie is geared towards adults, but as the minority, I am tired of what Hollywood is dishing out these days. JMHO

If anyone can recommend similar movies, I am all ears!
March 26, 2008
lol such a sick movie.

I remember as a kid I enjoyed watching this film. When I look back on it now I have fond memories of watching it but as I watch it as an adult it definitely has a different feeling. It must have been geared specifically for kids because it made little sense to me when i watched it now. A lot of the story is so random and forced on the viewer that I was surprised. It is nostalgic and I wanted to see it again. I wondered why so many people hated the film and putting the Babe thing aside it is clear that this film is so ridiculous people have a reason too. However I can enjoy it for what it is and its attempt for being a kids movie works but overall I don't know what to think of it now.
June 27, 2007
This movie was not up to par with Disney's potential. With the exception of a couple good parts, it was tiresome and nothing out of the ordinary.
September 12, 2007
God I haven't seen this movie in years! i actually used to own this movie but I haven't seen it for a very long time..
June 4, 2007
Okay....here's another talking pig movie that I used to watch when I was a kid. First comes "Babe" and now comes "Gordy". From what I saw in "Gordy", I guess the story's fine, and so are the talking animals.
½ June 4, 2007
My mom accidentally got this out of the library instead of Babe. Way to fall for the marketing, Mom!
½ April 23, 2016
½ March 22, 2016
esta pelicula es una copia de babe el puerquito valiente, no es mala pelicula pero la verdad no puedo creer que disney le haya copiado a george miller la maravillosa pelicula de babe.
½ September 22, 2015
Total babe rip off, for shame!
½ July 12, 2011
"Pig power in the House" is probably the only good thing that came from this pile of horse manure