70% The Maze Runner Sep 19

The Gospel Reviews

bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

December 26, 2008
A good all around movie, About a Rap singer coming home to help his fathers church, meets a beautiful girl and changes his ways, for the girl or for the lord????? you decided. Put it in the collection
August 13, 2012
The only thing about this movie that is even remotely interesting is the music, and even that is nothing I haven't seen before. This is every other "preacher's kid gone astray" movie that's ever been made with almost zero variations from the formula. I made it through about an hour and 15 minutes, but I just could not do it any more. I was so bored.
Stephanheiser1
March 5, 2008
very awesome and inspiring and moving movie. PSALM 92:1- It is good to praise your name Lord and make music to your name, O most High.
flman23
January 26, 2008
i love the move, it show style, class, and what it is to truly, understand forgiveness,it shows a hear willing to change, i love it , i own it...
savbygrac
July 16, 2007
I heard a minister say when a person is blessed with musical talent they need to pray little harder that their gift be used for His glory. (Check this one out!)
afrikka1
May 31, 2007
I bumped into this movie, it was a great. I enjoy the music, acting was excellent. :-) six thumbs up
rondaschlenger
May 14, 2007
Another Tyler Perry movie, that is also funny, just more religious than his others, but still does have a good story-line to it...
lildrumerboy07
April 20, 2007
This movie will have you looking at your life and make you want to change your life around for the better
FilmChic3175
April 26, 2007
A reworking of the story of the Prodigal Son. the Gospel has a fresh perspective on the stroy...it really is a GREAT movie! Very well directed and acted. I highly recommend this movie to everyone to everyone who appreciates music that celebrates life and faith and everyone who believes that God really does forgive!
browngurl81
March 6, 2007
You should see it because if you are not saved then go and watching it and it will help to change yo mind and yo heart also!
sherriwms7n7
January 16, 2007
GOOD MOVIE,SINGING WAS EXCELLENT ACTING WAS GOOD VERY HEART WARMING AND A GREAT LESSON PUT GOD FIRST.
faithfulservent06
January 4, 2007
i think this movie was so close to how Ministers can get when it becomes about them and not the will of God. It was almost as if the writer was writing from something he/she's been through.
JesusOnlyKnows20
November 21, 2006
This movie is a really good movie. It is really good if someone wants to get back their Faith! Het watch this movie.
JesusOnlyKnows19
June 27, 2006
You could go through life sleeping or you could truly see the facts. Andtyhat is that their are struggling and forgiveness and haugfty people and people who go to Church for the wrong reason's and go to Church but then leave the Church abnd go in the World deny Jesus by their lifestyle all this was in this movies messege my friend's. If you watched it with your eyes open. Not meaning your actual eyes so get what im saying. But im talking when you watch a movie acknoledge what the messege is trying to say, God Bless!
June 4, 2006
A lot of it reminded me of my dad's life and what he's struggled through. It turned out better than I thought it was going to be.
Scrat on Speed
October 26, 2012
Faith-based films are difficult. Rarely are they as well made as 'The Mission' or 'The Passion', but they can pack an emotional punch despite their smaller budgets (see also, 'Fireproof' and 'Facing the Giants'). This film tries to do too much. It takes the prodigal son approach to the story, but tries to tie in too many subplots that the audience just gets lost in the mess. Then it tries to cram a bunch of gospel numbers in, but never gives an emotional payoff. Sure, it's really nice to see the likes of Yolanda Adams and Martha Munizzi on screen with actors like Boris Kodjoe (Resident Evil: Afterlife) and Idris Elba (Prometheus), but their presence doesn't have a solid grounding. It's almost as if the producers said, "Let's throw together a generic movie, but have a few well-known gospel singers in the mix." That's essentially what the movie boils down to. There are some good messages about forgiveness and ministry thrown in there for good measure, but it never amounts to anything truly substantive.
garfield2710
February 24, 2011
There are a lot of good Christian movies out there, but this just isn't one of them. Most people were praising the music, but me, I on the other thought the songs dragged the movie on and didn't really add anything. I did appreciate this films good intentions, but the film is cliche ridden, the acting is wooden, the characters were boring and uninteresting, and the film tries to draw parallels to the Bible story of the Prodigal Son, but it fails to be as engaging. The ending does make the film somewhat better, but not by much. The film is slow and doesn't actually use that slow to build up anything like character development or suspense. What we're left with is a well intended but shaky attempt at Christian cinema.
crownjewel
August 19, 2006
The good thing about not driving on a road trip is that you get to sit in the back and watch movies the whole way.

On this trip I got to see two older movies that I hadn't seen before.

Hotel Rwanda was quite good. If nothing else, the film was heartwrenching. It's so difficult to see those types of films because of the suffering people went through. But it's good that it had a happy ending despite the circumstances. It's interesting that they showed very little of the violence outside the hotel. It's always there but it's just never in your face. I'd assume that most people know the gory details of what happened in Rwanda. So by not focusing on the brutal violence they could focus more on the main character. In contrast there's the HBO movie, Sometimes in April. That picture showed a great deal of the violence as it followed the main character. Therefore drawing focus away from the character and to the violence. Hotel Rwanda was an excellent film and well deserving of the nominations and awards.

The other movie I watched was The Gospel. A pretty much standard retelling of the prodigal son story. Most of the events were predictable. The acting was good considering they were working with not at all complex characters. The flipping back and forth between scenes was a bit odd. I've seen it before and I've never really cared for it unless it was very necessary. In this case it wasn't and it confused the transitions from scene to scene. The only thing really exceptional was the soundtrack.
Arrow-space
April 13, 2006
Full review to be added later... maybe.