The Great Waldo Pepper Reviews

½ September 5, 2010
The airplane stunts in this movie are exciting, and the drama in the movie is pretty good, and it's kind of sad too. I hated the end, though. This movie was good, but it could have been better.
September 3, 2013
This was a great movie, Robert Redford showing why he was one of the best in Hollywood. And the airplane stunts in here are fantastic. It also has a lot of humor in it as all.
½ May 4, 2010
If you're a fan of Sarandon you should know that she doesn't have a huge role in this movie. If you love Redford, you are in luck. But if you love airplanes, you must see this movie! This movie is both exciting and sad, and I didn't like the ending, it's confusing. Still, the film kept me engaged with all the crazy stunts.
August 4, 2007
One of my favorite Redford films. Following the story of a post-WWI barnstormer, this movie captures the psyche of the aviation pioneers.
May 19, 2013
Sort of a precursor to 'Princess Bride', 'Waldo Pepper' offers a smiliar deconstruction by Bill Goldman, this time of war heroism. Combined with Hill's ambitious direction, especially the real time flight sequences, it's a real treat.
½ May 27, 2014
quite dull without a hero to root for
March 23, 2013
There's nothing GREAT about it!
July 8, 2012
This is a great movie! A true guys movie, they just dont have the guts to make moveis like this anymore. If you love the days of the "stick and rutter" flying and the birth of aviation, you'll love it! I did! Saw this movie when I was 8 with my dad! It haunted me for years. Just wached it again last night. It still holds up and is so refreshing to see auctual flying scenes, not CGI. See it!
½ October 14, 2011
While Robert Redford is wonderful in his role, the story itself is uninteresting and depressing.