Greedy

Greedy Reviews

LWOODS04
LWOODS04

January 24, 2013
"Greedy is a great title for this film considering all the crazy money hungry characters that are in this flick. I remember seeing this a long time ago. I couldn't remember what it was all about, so I decided to give it another look. It's funny, silly, cheesy, and at times, acted poorly. Kirk and Fox are the stars of the show. They are great together on screen. Uncle Joe strategically puts his family members against each other to see how far they will go to try and win him over for his milions. There is always some kind of scheme going on whether it's coming from Uncle Joe or his crazy nieces and nephews. It was a fun watch. I wouldn't mind seeing it again later on down the road."
deano
deano

October 28, 2006
Great wickedly funny comedy of heirs and Michael J. Fox & Phil Hartman were hilarious by fighting each other. Hartman is terrific as the nastiest family member.
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
Funny and sweet...
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

December 2, 2007
this was a delightful film. another example of michael j fox films no one remembers but that are worth remembering.
Dann M

March 14, 2013
Greedy is an entertaining screwball comedy that delivers a lot of laughs despite the stale material. The film follows the McTeagues, a dysfunctional family full of relatives that are competing to inherit their rich uncle's fortune. Starring Michael J. Fox, Kirk Douglas, Olivia d'Abo, and Phil Hartman, the cast has some solid talent. And though the plot's pretty formulaic and is full of stereotypes, the charisma of the cast makes it work. While there's not much originality to Greedy, it still manages to be quite funny and enjoyable.
Chosen 7

June 12, 2009
Good comedy, very entertaining. Good performances.
Haley A

March 16, 2006
Hilarious!!! Michael J. Fox and Kirk Douglas are awesome.
October 8, 2011
A wonderful, little know comedy full of laughs, twists, turns, and a 1990's comedy Dream Team; Michael J. Fox, the late great Phil Hartman, and legend Kirk Douglas among others. A definite must see if your in the mood for a good laugh.
Ken D

November 26, 2008
More dramatic than comedic, it was a well done movie that really is a shocker until the end. Phil Hartman really steals the show.
championstatus32
June 28, 2007
I absolutely loved this movie. It made me laugh pretty hard on several parts. There is an excellent cast in this movie which includes Phil Hartman doing an excellent job along with Michael J. Fox. It's a must see.
twtytatoz
May 13, 2007
This is one funny movie. If your family is like the family in this movie, then you need to see this as soon as possible!!!
avp60685
May 9, 2007
a funny story of a family's struggle to get their great uncle's money. michael j fox and kirk douglass are hilarious in this film and the end result of who gets the money is funny too!
manly500usa
April 5, 2007
Kirk Douglas still shows he is one of the best actors alive in this movie. He is the only reason to see it.
February 3, 2007
This movie is great! It is very funnt with a great cast & a great message. What would you do for your uncle you actually hate but has no kids & is old with millions to leave behind to someone?
madelineschulman
November 26, 2006
I did see this -- I had forgotten the title. Michael J. Fox played a professiional bowler who froze in the clutch and Kirk Douglas played a horrible manipulative old man. I think the late Phil Hartman was one of the golddigging relatives. No one really to root for.
filmlover1994
December 26, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
June 15, 2013
Forgot how charming and witty this movie is. Very flawed, but worth a watch on YouTube.
March 29, 2013
A filthy rich man's relatives constantly fight fiercely with each other to see who should inherit their uncle's fortunes. But when a young 'nurse' comes into play, they come up with a plan to impress him; bring back his favourite nephew, who seems to be the only good hearted man in the family. Dull comedy that is only lightly entertaining a times, and that is at best. It's also cold and a slow starter.
Dann M

March 14, 2013
February 5, 2013
A fantastic comedy that somehow manages to be black humoured and warm hearted at the same time.Michael J.Fox and Kirk Douglas head a great ensemble cast.Fox is as watchable as ever in a mildly disreputable role,and Douglas' mischievous antics keep the surprises coming,right up until the final sly twist. An underrated gem.