Greedy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Greedy Reviews

LWOODS04
½ January 24, 2013
"Greedy is a great title for this film considering all the crazy money hungry characters that are in this flick. I remember seeing this a long time ago. I couldn't remember what it was all about, so I decided to give it another look. It's funny, silly, cheesy, and at times, acted poorly. Kirk and Fox are the stars of the show. They are great together on screen. Uncle Joe strategically puts his family members against each other to see how far they will go to try and win him over for his milions. There is always some kind of scheme going on whether it's coming from Uncle Joe or his crazy nieces and nephews. It was a fun watch. I wouldn't mind seeing it again later on down the road."
deano
½ October 28, 2006
Great wickedly funny comedy of heirs and Michael J. Fox & Phil Hartman were hilarious by fighting each other. Hartman is terrific as the nastiest family member.
½ November 7, 2006
Funny and sweet...
sanjurosamurai
½ December 2, 2007
this was a delightful film. another example of michael j fox films no one remembers but that are worth remembering.
March 14, 2013
Greedy is an entertaining screwball comedy that delivers a lot of laughs despite the stale material. The film follows the McTeagues, a dysfunctional family full of relatives that are competing to inherit their rich uncle's fortune. Starring Michael J. Fox, Kirk Douglas, Olivia d'Abo, and Phil Hartman, the cast has some solid talent. And though the plot's pretty formulaic and is full of stereotypes, the charisma of the cast makes it work. While there's not much originality to Greedy, it still manages to be quite funny and enjoyable.
½ June 12, 2009
Good comedy, very entertaining. Good performances.
March 16, 2006
Hilarious!!! Michael J. Fox and Kirk Douglas are awesome.
June 24, 2014
Its a grest movie. It will make you think about the people you have around, and what they really think about you.
½ July 9, 2013
There's a lot of comic talent on display here. I've never understood the negative reputation this movie has. It's not a classic, but is enjoyable enough.
November 9, 2012
4 stars because it is real how these people act. Sure it's funny as a movie, but seriously true to form. There is always more greed in the world than good.
September 7, 2012
This is not a great movie, but I would have to classify it as highly enjoyable. Michael J. Fox is just one of those actors who makes you enjoy the film, just for him being in the film. I must say the highlight of this movie for me would be the late great Phil Hartman. His "Frank" character is just a perfect Phil Hartman character. Anyway, I would not say make this a priority to see, but if you happen to catch it on t.v., it would at least be amusing. Let's call it a "lazy Sunday" kind of film.
½ April 14, 2012
This is a cute movie especially if you like Fox and Douglas, but overall the plot and story is very weak. It is the acting of Fox and Douglas that saves it from a 10.
January 30, 2012
This is a pretty funny movie. The families love for money over family is definitely taken to the extreme.
October 8, 2011
A wonderful, little know comedy full of laughs, twists, turns, and a 1990's comedy Dream Team; Michael J. Fox, the late great Phil Hartman, and legend Kirk Douglas among others. A definite must see if your in the mood for a good laugh.
½ February 24, 2010
Amazingly amusing film about the lengths someone will go through for money and for family. Michael J. Fox stars as Danny Jr., the nephew of rich mogul Uncle Joe, who has decided to leave his fortune to someone he feels is most deserved.
Danny has not been around his Uncle or the rest of his family because of their unrelenting amount of greed his family shares. But when his family ask him to come along and help keep the money within the family he reluctantly agrees, but his intentions are noble right?
Nancy Travis chimes in as Danny's girlfriend Robin, a TV sports editor, who plays somewhat like Danny's conscience throughout the film. She plays the role with class and is really beautiful in it. Travis has always been a great actress and its a shame she hasn't really stepped up to main star status, she mostly has served as co-star or supporting star.
We also get the late Phil Hartman as one of the cousins, who really makes no bones about how much he wants the money and how he'll do anything to ensure this. Hartman is most famous for his comedic roles, but here we see him play this role in a serious matter, regardless of a couple of laughable moments.
Kirk Douglas plays Uncle Joe, the crippled rich owner of a scrap yard, who begins to manipulate those around him for the sheer pleasure of it all. As the film progresses you begin to feel for the man, as he is surrounded by leaches, but you also realize the way he treats those around him has lent himself to that cruelty.
Olivia d'Abo I must note as she walks into the picture tuning heads. While most remember her from her days as the older sister on The Wonder Years, I remember mostly from Conan the Destroyer and this film. She does an amazing job here and never seems to miss a step.
The rest of the film has some cliched moments, we get the typical Michael J. Fox comedy routines seen in other films of the same kind, but it still works. Its a shame that Michael J. Fox is no longer acting, he may have a bigger career than what he does have.
3 out of 5 stars.
December 4, 2009
I just watched this movie for the first time,10 minutes ago.The beginning was boring,then got better,the end twist was definitely funny.I'd watch it again.
November 22, 2009
Not one of the best comedies you could watch but this one is certainley worth seeing at least once. With an ok plot and Michael J. Fox being the main character this is was to be a medicre film was it not for him. I cant say to much about this film because it was just ok...nothing more...it was ok!It wasnt a good movie...not a bad movie...just ok...So yeah as you can see this is worth seeing at least once but not again and again. My recmomendation? Rent it. 3 bowling tournaments out of five.
November 26, 2008
More dramatic than comedic, it was a well done movie that really is a shocker until the end. Phil Hartman really steals the show.
October 12, 2007
I like this movie. The cast is great, with Kirk Douglas, Phil Hartman and Ed Begley Jr. all doing great work. It's nothing groundbreaking or profound, but it is a funny movie.