Grilled - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grilled Reviews

½ August 18, 2007
This film for me was pretty much a flop, I?m guessing it was for most people, as it?s not a film I?ve heard too much about ? a bit of a shame really, with the two lead Actors being great TV Comedy Actors.

The film lacked any originality or strong storyline and really only had a couple of comical moments.

It wasn?t unbearable, but definitely a disappointment.
½ February 9, 2016
Solid movie with some laughs to be had. Kevin James and Ray Romano are enjoyable together (Preferably in a sitcom scenario) however 'Grilled' doesn't allow for their comedic chemistry to be fully released due to it's tedious at times script.
½ May 16, 2014
Whenever I fall asleep during a movie, I won't write any review, however bad, until I go back and finish watching it. I was going to make an exception for this because it was so bad that I didn't want to punish myself this time, but I didn't. I will admit that it eventually got a little better, but a little better than horrid is still pretty bad. This is a prime example of a great cast wasted on a big ol' horse turd. Extra half star because...MEAT!
April 28, 2012
I love Ray Romano and Kevin James and while they give good performances here, this movie just isn't very funny and boring. It seemed very pointless and i'm still wondering why exactly this movie was even made. It's a shame to see two good talents go to waste in a film like this.
March 23, 2011
I'm not a huge fan of ether James or Romano, but they work well together. Most likely, to strange for most film goers.
September 25, 2010
The concept alone is descent. When you put to great comedic actors in a pretty awkward predicament you get average comedy. it's definitely got something to it, and a couple of quotable moments. It's possibly worth renting.
July 4, 2010
I found this movie in the so-many-movies for so-many-dollars bin at my local Wal-Mart. What else could I expect?

I am a fan of both Romano and James, but this film really didn't live up to my expectations. Not that I had high expectations to begin with. With only a few tiny laughs, this film really does nothing for me. The only positive point I feel is that they didn't settle for dick-jokes. At least the two men had class.
½ May 17, 2010
The chemistry between Romano and James is great but the story just doesn't cut it. Making a movie about meat salesmen is hard to make interesting, this movie is prime example.
January 23, 2010
A fast and funny dark comedy about meat salesmen who will do anything to make a sale. This film is totally underrated, I assume by people who were looking for another King of Queens Everybody Loves Raymond cross over episode. This is a fun little move which deserved a theatrical release and really deserves to be seen. To bad not many people seem to want to give it a break.
November 19, 2009
This movie just has a really good mood to it. Its a darker movie that has some really funny moments. This mostly comedic cast does an excellent job at making some very strange situations very funny and real. Kevin James and Ray Ramano are the two perfect people for this movie, just two regular guys who some how got in the middle of a really awful situation.

This is a movie that if seen in the wrong mood can destroy it, but if you watch this movie excpecting something just a little wierd and a little different, I think most people will be in for a pleasent surprise.
November 11, 2008
If they'd have played up the drama a bit more, this could have actually turned into a good movie. However, it's clearly supposed to be a comedy, which is a shame, because it's not at all funny. Ray Romano and Kevin James do alright, though, when they're not trying to be funny.
April 29, 2008
Profoundly strange. These two guys are trying something different, for which I applaud them, but they mostly succeed in reconfirming the fact that they belong in family-friendly sitcoms.
½ November 4, 2007
An implausible but fun story line with some great twists and humorous situations. We were entertained and enjoyed this film. It's not perfect, but we felt like the evening was well-spent. I was expecting something like Glengarry Glen Ross (a really great movie), but it was nothing like it other than to be some insight into the lives of two salesmen under the gun -- literally and figuratively. And the soundtrack is really, really great.
½ June 14, 2007
I love Kevin James & am kind of glad this didn't make it to theaters. I really want him to make it big in film. Grilled is about two door-to-door meat salesmen who go through hell to sell some crappy meat. It's actually pretty funny once you get used to the weird paceing.
½ February 9, 2016
½ January 13, 2016
Grilled follows two salesmen, Kevin and Ray, try sell meat and meat freezers. They go door to door till they meet Sofia Vergara and here is the kicker she makes out with Ray Romano. Later in the movie we find out she was originally a man who had a sex change operation. In the end the boys make a deal with the mafia played by Burt Reynolds. The storyline is poor, the actors are as good as the action but overall it was not worth it.
November 18, 2014
Sinisterly meanders.
½ September 6, 2015
I thought it was good...fun...funny. Sure its liw budget. ....but good actors in unlikely roles. James and a Romano are definitely darker than I ever seen them. Sofia Vergara is slizzling. Juliet Lewis is classic. Its like a smoker movie with no weed in it.
½ July 17, 2015
I WOULDN'T CALL IT TOUGH TO CHEW,BUT IT'S NOT JUICY AND FLAVORFUL EITHER.LETS JUST SAY,I WOULDN'T ORDER[WATCH]IT A 2ND TIME-KIND OF WHAT WAS THAT?