Growth

Growth Reviews

thefog1331
thefog1331

July 1, 2010
Utterly boring and forgettable film that feels alot like its SyFy Channel produced. In fact now that I'm thinking about it is so forgettable I can only recall two scenes from the entire movie.
Gimly M

November 25, 2013
I've had viruses that kill you plenty of times before, and a couple that make you become a super-human, but from memory I think this is the first encounter I've had with both at the same time.

Watching this movie from beginning to end just made me think about movies like Slither, Splinter and Shiver (recurring theme much?) who have all done this thing before, only... Well, you know, good? There were way to many bad guys antagonists, and the main characters were all just boring and annoying people to be around. At least when Justin Roberts became infected (above) he became a little bit interesting (if incredibly cheesy). I really can't see any reason why this movie needed to be released? It's entirely possible that whoever came up with the plot failed and coming up with the money, and he did the best he could, but this is not the sort of a film I'd want to be putting down on a resume.

I wasn't strictly speaking bored, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that I was entertained. The CGI was appalling the acting was only mildly better. The whole thing was mostly unbelievable. Though it wasn't that bad, it's sooo difficult to think of any actual positive points. On a pass/fail basis, I'd give this movie a big fail. It does a couple of things okay, but it's very difficult to follow, and doesn't really have anything that stands out in apositive light about it.

24%

-Gimly
May 13, 2012
It runs a little slow from time to time but when they rip off a lim and beat them with the blood sub of it it will awake you back up.
georgeberry2
September 24, 2010
Mircea Monroe is FANTASTIC!!! And sooo HOT!! For an independent movie this is great. I was on the edge of my seat.
Gimly M

November 25, 2013

24%

-Gimly
March 31, 2011
Idiotic watered down retread of 'The Thaw' which in itself was just a severly watered down version of 'The Thing'. There's some other mumbo jumbo thrown in but all said and done it just feels like an episode of Dawson's Creek guest starring shitty CGI worms.
May 14, 2011
Fast forwarded through most of it to cut down time I would never recover down to 30 minutes. Of the little I saw, it felt like a a really really bad episode of X-files
December 30, 2010
Better than Slither, but fell short of being good! Concept like that was fine. Effects were fine for the budget. But why turn it into the usual teens on an island getting offed one by one by a dude in a hood? A damn shame really! So much potential lost!
realisingself
September 7, 2010
What an utter waste of my hour and half.

The film starts out promising, a group turn up, after inheriting a house on an island. The locals act shifty, and the plot tells the tale of some experiments on the island that result in the island being infested with these parasites. Normal story of each member of the group being killed off until there is only 1 left. Very predictable.

One of the group gains the "super powers" that the parasites can give, and goes on a "rampage", why the ""? Well the rampage isnt really a rampage. None of the scenes involving this bloke really make any sense and he comes across more like a child with social issues.

The cast itself is dire, The main girl I found little sympathy for, the 2 blokes are forgettable, regards of the importance of 1 of them, and the other bird was just pointless. While I didn't expect much character building from this film, I had hoped they had done a better job than this.

The Islanders involved are shallow and just as forgettable. Most of which you will have no real understanding on who they are.

Moving on to the parasites themselves, I've seen better CGI in a made for TV film on syfy. The Special effects are dire and in one arm ripping scene, I nearly choked on my coffee over the ridiculousness and poorness of it.

The climax involving the main character, the "rampaging" brother and the main islander was just terrible and such a waste of time. The main Islander was killed off far far too quick and the method he died was very random and out character of the film. The final scene between the brother and sister was utterly forgettable and such a let down, the brother came across very much a crying little baby.

In the final scene, a predictable setup for a sequel left me shaking my head. Please dont watch this film, and please dont make a second one.