Guilty Hearts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Guilty Hearts Reviews

½ April 9, 2013
A few good shorts but some are just plain stupid and makes you wonder why these great actors aren't in better films.
½ April 25, 2014
an assortment of shorts none of which add up to squat
½ June 9, 2013
If I could give it less stars I would. Utterly depressing and flawlessly boring.
½ April 9, 2013
November 10, 2012
The trailer seemed avoidant, description generic and empty.

Hey, want to see a movie?
What's it about?
You have to watch it and see.
Then no, no I don't.
July 12, 2012
I will not be watching this.
January 24, 2012
A collection of short films featuring Julie Delpy, Eva Mendes, Kathy Bates, and Charlie Sheen.

"Please" stars Gerard Butler and is a shocking look at an author in despair, having lost his wife and daughter, only to begin to win them back when the daughter tragically and accidentally shoots him. A good "treatise" for gun control. 4/10

"Notting Hill Anxiety Festival" stars Julie Delpy and is a look at her character's life as she thinks about, prepares for and apparently commits suicide. This film is subtle, surprising, a psycho-drama about a lonely, suicidal young woman with issues about being born, being happy, about her mom. A surreal scene in a cafe appears to be a marriage proposal but the man gets on his knees and asks for a divorce! People respond as if he is asking her to marry him (the fiance/wife responds that way too). Perhaps a negative commentary on marriage, a positive one on divorcing rather than being miserable in marriage? Although we don't see her die, we are left feeling certain that she does jump to her death. 10/10

"Torte Bluma" is a story of a Jewish prisoner, his Nazi "master", the camp that they are in and gives an interesting look at dynamics in their relationship. 5/10

"Ready" is about a woman whose ancestors died all on the same day during their lives. She decides to prepare for her death on that day but it doesn't occur. This film gives an insight into how one might choose to live their life, knowing or believing that their time of death is near. 7/10

"Spelling Bee" is the more unusual of the lot, starring Charlie Sheen as a replacement co-host of a Spelling Bee broadcast. This doesn't seem much of a stretch for Sheen, having viewed his old show "Two and a Half Men" but it is an interesting diversion in the film series. 9/10

"Outskirts" stars Eva Mendes as a woman whose car breaks down and she receives help from a man she doesn't know (he's of the same culture but she doesn't speak his language). It shows her wait for him, her concern that he may not return (but he does, later due to his car breaking down too), and how everything is resolved after a lot of work by the first man and another man he knows. 8/10

"The Ingrate" stars Kathy Bates as a judge in a court trial between an indebted man and the US government. He sues them to get relief from his student loan debts (I can definitely relate) and she gives reasons for her judgement. 9/10

I highly recommend this difficult to find movie series!

David Nusair sounds like an unusually incompetent film reviewer!
July 6, 2011
A bunch of short stories, some are better than others. Artfully crafted.
½ December 11, 2011
The only good part was the Spelling Bee section...
July 4, 2011
Need to watch - in instant quie
August 20, 2011
First and last Phase 4 Film I will ever watch. My dog could write a better script.
August 8, 2011
The best part of the movie was the soundtrack of the DVD menu. Don't bother hitting play, you will never get that hour and a half of your life back. Most pointless unimaginative film ever. This should be used as psychological warfare. Truly cruel and unusual punishment.
½ August 8, 2011
stopped watching after the first 3 minutes. O.o
½ August 4, 2011
for the most part either too artsy or too depressing....I'm not a fan of these mini-movies....a couple of the stories are worthwhile but really, avoid it
½ July 8, 2011
½ July 8, 2011
not a movie to watch alone :(
½ June 28, 2011
Was this a movie or was it an attempt to hijack 100 minutes of your time that you cannot get back because the only thing guilty is this. Horrible and completely pointless!
June 8, 2011
i like love movies!!!
June 7, 2011
Either the makeup crew worked wonders with Charlie Sheen or this has been previously shelved for some time.
June 7, 2011
Isn't Julie Delpy not always wonderful?