Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989)
Average Rating: 3.6/10
Reviews Counted: 22
Fresh: 3 | Rotten: 19
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 2
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 3/5
User Ratings: 64,514
In Halloween 5, one of the less successful of the series of sequels to the original Halloween, the infamous Michael Myers (Donald Shanks), returns to stalk his niece and kill her. Jamie (Danielle Harris) is hospitalized and unable to speak because of her trauma during Michael's last killing spree. She has visions of where Michael will appear and kill again, and he intends to stop her. Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasence) is working with Jamie to help her find Michael and lock him away. But, there is
Oct 13, 1989 Wide
Sep 5, 2000
Trancas International Films Inc.
Watch It Now
Donald L. Shanks
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Completed the transition to full-fledged brainless slasherdom begun in Halloween 4 at at time when the brainless slasher film was at its very worst.
Poor Dr. Loomis' nerves are pretty much shot at this point, leading to some unintenionally hilarious moments.
[The film's been infused] with a run-of-the-mill slasher vibe, complete with oversexed teenagers and moronic authority figures.
Weak Halloween entry. Maintains the status quo, no new developments.
A guilty pleasure...the knife's not blunt yet
Filming this sequel, the ultimate revenge!
Audience Reviews for Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
- Dr. Loomis: I prayed that he would burn in hell. But in my heart, I knew that hell would not have him.
- Jamie Lloyd: (talking to Michael Myers before she unmasks him) Uncle! Boogeyman? Let me see. See? You look just like me.
- Deputy Nick: Somebody could get hurt with that thing.
- Deputy Tom: Hey! Somebody's gonna get hurt with that thing!
- Deputy Nick: Amazing! No respect for authority!
- Deputy Tom: Must be the parents.
- Tina: (calling for her friends but gets no response) You guys, I don't hear any noise. Are you sure you're doing it right? You guys wanna go skinny dipping? Maybe you guys are ALREADY naked?!
- Dr. Loomis: (to Jamie) We both know, that he's alive. But you know where he is!
- Charlie: You crazy son of a bitch.
- Dr. Loomis: (holding his gun) Charlie. Charlie, Michael Myers is outside.
Discuss Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers on our Movie forum!
Latest News on Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
January 11, 2007:A Return to "Halloween" for Danielle Harris
Over the past few weeks, Rob Zombie has announced a whole bunch of cast members from his upcoming...
June 5, 2006:Get Ready for a Very Zombie "Halloween"
If you love the original "Halloween," but have grown a little weary with the endless...
November 11, 2005:In Other News..."Halloween" Producer Dies in Bomb Attack
Moustapha Akkad, producer of the cult "Halloween" slasher series and the director of three...