Happy, Texas Reviews

September 14, 2010
My husband and I consider this one of our all time favorites. Not only did it have one of my favorite actors, William H. Macy, but the whole subject matter was hysterical. Funny, funny movie.
½ November 16, 2009
It was okay but definitely not hilarious...I think maybe I laughed once. I think the movie had a lot of potential but it fell flat.
½ January 18, 2008
i pretty terrible film really i wouldnt recomend it to anyone!
February 9, 2008
great cast take on a complete crap screenplay. enormously un-funny, and barely watchable
½ October 23, 2007
The light is green.
August 6, 2007
This film is modest, easygoing and likable, just like the town of the title, with many amusing performances - especially Steve Zahn as a dim bulb who suddenly discovers his talent for choreography.
½ November 3, 2006
Funny and adorable.
January 24, 2010
Tries too hard. I remember when I saw it at the time that I thought it tried too hard to be another indie film but I can't recall the comparison film so I'll leave it at that. Too much indie. Not enough goodness.
April 14, 2009
Another film that doesn't know what to do in the middle before the big reveal when the small town find out they aren't who they thought they were, so it chucks in this seven way love story and forgets about the comedy which is a shame as there was massive potential for comedy here. Steve Zahn gets most of the laughs while William H. Macy steals the film and is just outstanding, but otherwise it fails.
December 16, 2007
½ March 26, 2007
Nice little comedy.
January 2, 2010
This movie was good for a few laughs but that's all. Steve Zahn gets credit for all of these laughs, particularly in the first scene and when he interacts with the pageant girls for the first time. This movie lacks a strong plot and tries to make up with it with a lot of gay jokes. William H. Macy's acting is entertaining but this movie's purpose does not extend beyond playing in the background while doing other things.
½ June 19, 2008
steve zahn was hilarious.. this a silly little movie but i was worth the amusement.. another lazy day movie
May 30, 2007
A decent comedy with a plot that's surprisingly deep and interesting. So many times comedies follow the same tired routine of trying to emulate the mirth of Pulp Fiction or Fargo and turn it into a Seinfeld episode. This movie thankfully avoids that pitfall with some genuinely good writing and delivery.
½ April 19, 2007
Okay, I have to admit, the first time I watched this I really wasn't getting into it.. and then the Bjork number caught me.. I loved it the second time I watched it.. .. Everyone was awesome..
February 27, 2007
Steve Zahn will always be one of my favorites - even in this spoof - first movie I saw with him in it. Love a man that dances like a dork!!!
August 8, 2014
Not bad but not great. A solid premise that wasn't fleshed out enough. Steve Zahn is the best part of this movie and overshadows Jeremy Northam (who?) a lot. its no surprise this guy has gone on to do nothing. On the flip side Ally Walker is super hot and need to be in more things. This movie probably played better the 99 then it does these days. still its nice to be reminded that not all comedy's have to revolve around weddings.
½ November 19, 2013
While it isn't as it funny as it probably should be, this is still a charming and original comedy. While Jeremy Northam is pretty stale, Steve Zahn however is downright outstanding in this. See it for him.
November 4, 2013
hilarious in every way.
June 15, 2013
Is it the best movie I have ever seen? No, but what it does, it does very well. A great blend of laughter and heart--and three supporting performances to watch out for. Macy for sure, but don't overlook Douglas and Gaffney. Some great one liners there that will slip by you if you are not paying attention.