88% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Hard Ticket to Hawaii Reviews

AJ V

December 9, 2013
A cheesy low budget action movie, yes. If you love cheesy low budget movies, though, it's gold! I enjoyed it.
Wu C

September 21, 2006
I liked this when I was younger. Very culty.
August 30, 2011
This movie builds on the corny sexploitation elements of Malibu Express and adds two hot blonde leads in Hawaii to really run with the faux-spy vibes and features the best use of fake snakes in recent memory.

Hilariously bad at turns, but honestly never boring, I'd definitely recommend checking this one out.
June 12, 2014
Somewhat entertaining. Very hilarious at points. Also, lots of gratuitous nudity.
May 26, 2014
Definitely not Andy Sidaris at his best but it has its moments. The snake and the rocket launcher are hilarious.
May 26, 2014
This movie has it's moments but I'm disappointed after seeing a list that had this rated as the #1 cult movie of all time. I like Do Or Die better!
March 25, 2014
A film with a low budget. Some scenes are funny. But action is delayed. you wait a lot of time with boobs scenes to see one action scene. But it's enjoyable!
December 31, 2013
The movie's only redeeming quality is that it is so terrible it can become hilarious at times. Considering this would be the only review I could write that may describe a "frisbee fight scene" (yes, you read that correctly), it is in a very elite genre of terrible 80's movies that become more watchable as you realize just how bad they might be able to become by the time credits roll. However, once the movie is over, you may still shake your head, wondering how you were convinced to waste 100 minutes of your life on this "film". Fear not, when you are at parties and mixer events and you can ask groups of mixed participants "Who has seen Hard Ticket to Hawaii", and you get the rare solo confirmation... the two of you can laugh and enjoy the company of a fellow stranger who knows what tragically, comically awful looks like.
August 17, 2013
Good fun. Obviously you gotta be in the mood for it, but if you are, you'll have a good time. Cheese cheese cheese BOOBS cheese BOOBS cheese cheese etc.
August 4, 2013
This movie makes almost no sense, and I'm ok with that.
March 30, 2013
Hard Ticket To Hawaii is a gloriously campy action film that features plenty of action, cheap sex and nudity, terrible acting and dialogue, a killer boa constrictor, drug dealers, and secret agents. These elements make for an immensely enjoyable B-movie that is pure joy to watch from start to finish. It's a totally nonsensical mess of a film, but it's a mess so entertaining and weird, that I could not possibly dislike it because of all the things I've already mentioned. If you love your action films with dollops of cheesy goodness, you gotta see this one.
December 13, 2011
legitimately one of the funniest movies ever made - if you're looking for a so-bad-it's-hilarious disasterpiece, you can't do much better than this
September 5, 2011
At first there was film, then there was Hard Ticket to Hawaii. The bar has been raised for all films made from this day forth, with this as the benchmark for what makes a true masterpiece. From the very beginning, every piece of this elaborate film simply works, in a manner not unlike taking a dump after eating a bran muffin.

The acting and scriptwriting were simply the best I have ever seen in any film to date. There are many writers whom I personally think would do well to take notes. This film serves as a good indicator to me that Oscar nominations mean nothing, when such fantastic writing and acting are very obviously present in this masterpiece and yet completely ignored. The moment was captured time and time again with such lines as "Let's go to the jacuzzi", and "One man's dream is another man's lunch". And of course, arguably the best of them all, "Just when you thought it was safe to take a pee!". On a related note, this film has truly opened my eyes to the dangers of rat-cancer contaminated boa constrictors, and is all the reason I need to decide that I will never have such an animal as a pet.

What also deserves a mention is the soundtrack. Its Casio spoken subtleties simply sent chills down my spine, and unfortunately paralyzed me from the waist down. I'll probably never be able to walk again, but I can say with full conviction that it was worth it to be able to hear music that must surely have been crafted by angels.

While I could go on for days about how truly amazing this work of art is, the only way you could truly understand what I mean is to go and see it for yourself. If you choose to do this, be sure to have clean underwear and a weeks worth of food handy, the shock of seeing something so amazing may cause you to spontaneously soil yourself and lose yourself in a week long state of euphoric bliss. Whether or not this happens, I think it's safe to say that this film will change your life forever.

5/5 stars!
bwalshy
October 3, 2009
So incredibility bad and reeking with 80s cheesyness that it was one of the funniest movies i have ever seen.