Harlem Rides The Range - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harlem Rides The Range Reviews

bbcfloridabound
½ August 10, 2009
This movie was made in 1939. It has an all Black Cast. From the Singing Cowboy with a white hat and horse, to the bad guys, to the ranch owner. Filmed during a time when Black Movie seekers were not allowed in White theaters. So low budget films were made, and to be completely honest with you I never knew a film like this existed and am very surprised its on the market today. The sound and film quality are bad, but it still is useable. What we have here is no more then a Roy Rogers / Gene Autry type film with all black actors, right down to the singing cowboy. who is played by Herb Jeffries. Also the music of the Four Tones is played during the film. The plot is a cowhand finds a radium mine and some bad guys come along and try to steal his mine after murdering him, his daughter shows up and our singing cowboy is in love, we also have a comical sidekick, All in all a good movie for a classic and I mean classic buff, good harmless comedy. 2 1/2 stars because of the film quality.
February 26, 2013
Unique as an all-black Western, but no better or worse than any other B-movie being made at that time.