Harlow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Harlow Reviews

jjnxn
June 12, 2008
Poor Jean Harlow! To have her memory degraded in this way is sad. Based on a muckraking sensationalized bio of the late actress that has since been discredited this shallow exercise in fiction takes someone whose life was interesting and unfortunately scandal ridden and makes things up out of whole cloth while ignoring or falsifying the actual events. Marilyn Monroe, a great admirer of Harlow, had wanted to to do a film on her but when offered a similar script to this stated "I hope they don't do that to me when I'm dead" which should clarify the value of this picture. As to the performances everybody except Angela Lansbury as Mama Jean is either bland or terrible. Carroll Baker, who can be a fine actress, is all wrong in the lead. She's certainly a beautiful woman but has neither the allure nor the charisma of the original Jean. Skip this shiny junk and seek out some of Harlow's actual films. Red Dust, Bombshell, Libeled Lady or Dinner at Eight are all fine examples of her peerless work.
August 19, 2014
this movie was so bad and it was inaccurate!
½ July 5, 2014
The "Movie Info" for this movie is totally incorrect. This movie is about Jean Harlow, not a girl and a horse.