Haunted Honeymoon Reviews

½ May 27, 2015
Again Wilder hopes to resurrect the oomph of Young Frankenstein with the intention of schlepping the creepy horror genres of the late 1930's, early 40's, and again he fails. Is there even a smile in this one? Well yes there is, but its unintentional, and its that Wilder's love for Gilda Radner is evident. Otherwise it hurts to watch. A film to work on your patience while watching.
Kyle F.
August 12, 2009
Funny and creepy, and all around fun. Haunted Honeymoon is a winner!
½ August 8, 2007
Bet not many have seen this, Wilder genius here, really spooky 'Addams' style fun with good laughs, a kinda 'Hammer Horror' old fashioned style horror flick that isn't scary atall lol I just love the look of these films, the big mansions, sweeping staircases, flowing curtains, cobwebs etc..

Charming comedy with a lovely cast that could almost be a Brooks spoof.
FilmFanatik
½ May 6, 2007
Very cute film. Lacking the magic of a classic Mel Brooks' spoof, he would have made a fine director on this little comedy. Not all bad, but not all intriguing.
deano
August 20, 2007
This haunted comedy of Gene Wilder film is unfunny and Dom DeLuise is even unfunnier in drag than wearing trousers.
garyX
February 27, 2007
Almost surreally unfunny ghost comedy that makes your average Mel Brookes film look like the soul of wit and sophistication.
October 9, 2010
Obviously this isn't a great movie, but it is campy and even funny in some parts. I love the musical number with Gilda Radner and Dom Deluise and Gene Wilder was really funny even with what he was given.
nickymo89
½ August 12, 2008
Amusing in a wish I was a Mel Brooks' movie kinda way. Falls short of it's aspirations of being a quality spoof but good physical comedy makes up a bit.
iLeo
½ December 25, 2007
Great movie!
DrLappos
August 25, 2007
Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Wilder is movie great. Quality comedy.
October 29, 2012
One of the best comedies ever, of course anything with Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner is bound to be great.
½ December 3, 2009
I can only take so much of Gene Wilder's brand of humor, and only when it is directed by a competent director, rather than himself. Gilda radner is wasted, and when Dom De Luise in drag isn't funny, something is seriously wrong. This is a stupid and not very funny comedy.
November 23, 2008
Although it has it's funny moments. it's not the greatest comedy in the world Dom Deluise is the best piece of it, and the plot is hard to swallow (the ending shines some light as to why). I can't see myself sitting down to watch this again, despite my fetish for large creepy houses in movies. Definitely one to catch on TV.
½ June 1, 2008
I love Radner and Wilder. They were an awesome couple. I love the scene where Wilder sits on the corpse.
June 1, 2008
Very disappointing. Only a couple of laughs for such elaborate set-ups! Usually Gene Wilder is comedic genius! He also directed, maybe that was the problem.
May 27, 2008
This is a cute movie with Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner doing what they do best.
Nice location and it seems like this movie was the basis for some other ones.
They go back to the mansion where he grew up for the wedding and a lot of spooky things happen during the night.
Not scary at all for those thinking it might be. Remember it's a comedy.
If you like Gene and Gilda, you will enjoy this one!
March 8, 2008
Not Gene Wilder's best, but still a fun spoof of 1940s horror film and radio. The humor is a bit unconventional and may not be appreciated by all, but I found many scenes to be memorable and Gene Wilder is always entertaining. The ending was probably the most unsatisfying aspect of the film, but you haven't lived until you've seen Dom Deluise in drag. Makes a great double feature with the even more brilliant, Young Frankenstein.
March 9, 2008
Life before seeing "Haunted Honeymoon" was perfectly fine, so why did I have to shake it up by watching this mess? Surely some abstract idea of fate was tempted by doing so. As much as I love Gene Wilder, his only success in this film was creating a dud. The cast is overwhelmingly large and mostly unnecessary, the laughs take holiday between appearances, and yes, that's Dom DeLuise on the cover as a portly woman. That said, there are a few laugh-out-loud moments and Gilda Radner was enjoyable enough, warranting the 1-star rating, but the rest is dull and as lifeless as the corpses that pop up from time to time.
½ April 5, 2007
I remember flipping the channel as a kid & coming across this movie that is now a classic in my book!
June 6, 2007
I have to say that this is one on my all time favorite movies, because it's a nice blend of comedy and mystry and supposed horror, that it has you laughing an guessing what next.