Heartbeeps Reviews

October 5, 2012
Dispite all the terrible reviews about this film, Heartbeeps become an interesting, cute and entertaining rare romantic sci-fi comedy. Some people might find this classic cult a likable picture, specially, if you're an Andy Kaufman fan, just like I'm.
September 6, 2010
A very silly, stupid, over the top movie about robots who have feelings and run away from the factory and fall in love. It's not bad, it's even funny at times, but overall it's just okay.
½ December 22, 2009
Heartbeeps is the story of two robots (Andy Kaufman and Bernadette Peters) that meet in a factory, fall in love, and build a baby. Oh, and they're being chased by a poor man's Robocop. Now you can guess how great a movie it is by this point. Many of you have probably never heard of this one, even if it does have the legendary Dick Miller in a cameo as a security guard or an early appearance by serial hotel stiffer Randy Quaid.

Now for the skivvy. This movie sucks. And I don't mean boring, horrible acting, dialogue, and all that stuff. I mean that it sucks like getting in a nail gun accident or being Tiger Woods. The only good thing about this movie is its running time (79 minutes) meaning that you only cringe for a little over an hour. The wonderful dialogue about circuits and power packs will bore you to tears and a plot where they take a walk through the woods then walk back is as eventful as waiting in line for the portapotty at a music festival, which also has one other thing in common in that they are both full of shit. This movie should be avoided at all costs. If you see it in a video store it must be destroyed. Fire works best, although I have seen garbage disposals work just as well.
June 27, 2008
Pretty boring.
April 27, 2010
Silly, good cast, funny, but also a bit cold like the robots in the movie. Overall, it's enjoyable and fun, sort of like Short Circuit.
October 5, 2008
Here's my reaction to "Heartbeeps": "Whaaaa. . .?!?!?" Just awful. This is one of those movies where you finish it mystified as how it ever got made. The concept of two robots starting a family of robots and trying to learn about the world, I can dig that. But I cannot comprehend how this one made it out of the script stage. The dialogue, the action, the characters, all of it is slow and awkward and boring. The only two robots who had any kind of redeeming qualities were the two actual robots in the group, the Catskill model and the little guy crafted together out of junk. The robots portrayed by Kaufman and Peters look and sound annoying and ridiculous. Somewhere deep, deep, deeeeeeep down there might be the grain of an idea for an actual good movie, but it's not this one. Stick with "batteries not included", "A.I.", "Short Circuit", hell even try "Making Mr. Right" if you want to see a decent "robot movie". Yuck!
August 25, 2008
omfg. what the hell was this. i didn't see the whole movie but i saw enough to confuse and anger me.
January 26, 2014
This is actually a very clever and creative social commentary. The only reason I can see for this movie being as loathed as it is is because it blew all chances of "The Tony Clifton Story" being made. Well, if "Heartbeeps" is the only testament to the career of Andy Kaufman, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
July 8, 2013
My Favorite Science Fiction Film Is 1968's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
½ May 11, 2013
A WTF of the first water. Lynch's Dune is no longer the most fascinating cinematic sci-fi train wreck I know of. You people have no idea. Literally painful to endure. And how.
October 5, 2012
September 22, 2012
No la recuerdo tan mala.