Herbie: Fully Loaded Reviews

Directors Cat
½ November 10, 2011
They worked very hard on bringing the magical presence of Herbie back after so long, the actors however weren't as magical. I didn't like it but I didn't hate it either.
DreamExtractor
August 15, 2011
Not a bad movie, a cool addition to the series, and Linsey Lohan was a good pick as the main actress, but still a very boring and cheesy film.
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
Really enjoyed this film! Herbie is a classic! The remake of this has to be as good as the original although I haven't seen it.
michael e.
½ November 4, 2010
Not that bad, i haven't seen any of the herbie films but this film was pretty entertaining, i mean come on, It has MICHAEL F*CKING KEATON IN IT, Hes one of the best actors of all time in my mind. Face it nobody can top BATMAN
July 23, 2010
D
½ December 31, 2006
A so-so film, really aimed at a younger audience. Herbie for the next generation. Might be ok for them but I didn't think it was as funny as I remember the originals when I was a kid. I'm not sure about animating the front of the car to make it more like a face in some scenes either. Ok to watch through with your kids, surprisingly good cast for this I have to add!
½ March 5, 2010
Maybe I'm just a sucker for car movies, but I really had fun watching this. It's actually the most enjoyable entry in the Herbie franchise when you think about it. I loved seeing Matt Dillon as a villain, that's always fun to see. Michael Keaton, I think his reputation speaks for itself. Then there's Lindsay Lohan who I could never, ever, get tired of watching. She's just incredibly lovable in every way.
½ February 6, 2010
I'm going to be honest, there's not much to like here, but everything that there is to like that you can find, I found, and I give it that much more credit. Besides Freaky Friday, this is lindsay lohans only good movie!
½ April 27, 2006
Herbie: Running Low On Everything. Speeding, Another example of the withering Disney Empire. Herbie should have been left to the past but Disney wants to squeeze it for all it's worth. A shameless money grab.
TomBowler
½ July 31, 2009
i hate this movie
August 7, 2008
Manages to maintain a certain degree of kitsch charm from the originals, especially thanks to Matt Dillon who hams it up There's Something About Mary Style. Lohan, Long and Meyer are their usual selves which is fine for a family romp such as this. Unfortunately though many practical effects have been utilised, the CGI stands out horribly and makes Herbie more of a cartoon than he ever was. Everything else is as tired and predictable as you would expect, with few laughs for those who enjoyed the originals.
thmtsang
August 26, 2007
Maggie wants to be a racing champion and when she teams up with Herbie, her dreams come true.
garyX
April 27, 2007
Lindsay Lohan is one of those names I've seen everywhere lately, and I always wondered what she was famous for. Now I've seen Herbie: Fully Loaded I find myself none the wiser. I had the misfortune to endure this on an afternoon I was too hungover to...(read more) find the TV remote. The original Herbie films were lame but inoffensive popcorn attempts to entertain very young children with special needs. This unbelievably charmless remake features a "star" who is a squeaky voiced, ginger minger who would require a year under the tutelage of Professor Henry Higgins to be considered classy enough to appear on the Jerry Springer show. And whoever devised that soundtrack should have been on trial at Nuremberg. However sizeable the bag of cash that persuaded Matt Dillon to get involved with this was, I hope it was worth the irreparable damage it has done to his credibility...
August 24, 2006
So not up with the original Herbie films. That is just tragic.
½ December 28, 2006
I like Herbie... but this movie is a little sugary for me.
deano
November 30, 2006
I'm surprised to see Herbie strikes back in a new comedy-adventure of 2005 film with the first-time female racer partner Lindsay Lohen. Outrageous hilarious and exciting car racing.
December 2, 2011
July 16, 2011
I hate you Lindsay Lohan. I hate you so much. (Your car too. I hate your car.)
September 9, 2006
I don't like how a message portrayed in this movie is that it's okay to disobey your parent. I liked it otherwise.
xxdebxx
March 19, 2011
The old legendary Number 53 racing car, Herbie, a 1963 Volkswagen bug has been forgotten for many years and ends up at a junk yard where Ray Peyton, Sr. (Michael Keaton), a NASCAR champ, takes his daughter Maggie (Lindsay Lohan) to buy a car as a college graduation gift. Herbie manages to get Maggie to take him and the two get attached to each other. Justin Long plays mechanic Kevin, who pines for Maggie and like her believes in Herbie while Breckin Meyer plays Ray Peyton Jr., Maggie's good-for-nothing brother driver.

Matt Dillon chews up a bit of scenery as Trip Murphy, the obligatory adored, good-looking sports hero who is actually a devious louse. Michael Keaton's comedic ability seems somewhat wasted in his role as the father of Lohan's character who refuses to let his daughter drive stock cars.

Herbie is the reason to see this movie. He is back, better than ever, learning new tricks and putting them to use. Those who love the car and his antics will enjoy this movie.