High School High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School High Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ July 2, 2012
Decent comedy, but never anything good, High School High is a fairly forgettable comedy film that uses stereotypes to create its humor. The film manages to be fun, but is never good because the script is poorly constructed and the gags get tiresome after a while. With that said, this film doesn't withstand multiple viewings. This is the type of comedy that doesn't stand the test of time. Most of the jokes here aren't that funny to begin with, and what is supposed to pass a humor, just isn't that funny to begin with. Overall this is a fun film with minor laughs throughout, but is never anything great. This film is quite forgettable in the long run, and it doesn't have the qualities necessary to be a very good comedy. As a whole, it's a decent film, but relies too much on stereotypes which just becomes tiresome. This film could have been much better and it had a good idea for its plot, but like I said too many stereotypes cloud this one from being a good. Memorable comedy and it just ends up being a decent film with a few laughs. Nonetheless it's a fun film, but is not that good. If you're looking for a decent comedy with minor laughs, then this is a must see. However keep in mind that this film is never anything good, simply a decent film. The film had potential of being much better than this, as it stands, it's funny, but lacks anything really memorable. This is the type of comedy to watch if you have nothing else better to do. Not a bad film, but not that good either. This film could have been much better.
½ June 21, 2011
Funny and terrible.
October 8, 2009
I don't care what anyone says, this is a hilarious movie and one of the best of its year. Jon Lovitz: "Oh my God." Tia Carrere: "What is it?" Jon: "You're still a virgin." Tia: "No I'm not!" *cat screeches loudly. One of the funniest parts of a movie, ever.
August 10, 2009
yea i dont want to insult John Lovits because i like him, so i just wont say anyhting about Highscool high
½ March 4, 2007
I don't care what anyone says. I loved this movie when I was 12, and I still think it's funny as hell.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 25, 2007
stupid but had some funny parts, like the rhine stone cowboy
½ April 11, 2007
pretty good, but had some loose scenes. besides that it was special!
Naughtia
½ May 15, 2010
I wanted to see this movie because Jon Lovitz is on the cast list and because this movie was made by the same people who made Airplane. I thought this movie was much fun and Jon Lovitz is entertaining as always.
iLeo
½ December 25, 2007
Hilarious!
August 10, 2014
Very very funny movie. A must watch for the new kids to go see a real comedy flick that makes you laugh. Old school movies are the best.
½ June 9, 2007
This is a great spoof on the super-serious genre of movies that were popular in the early 90s about life in the hood and underprivileged inner city schools. Writers David Zucker and Pat Proft (Airplane and Naked Gun) effectively establish wall to wall humor that makes spoof movies like this work so well. A lot of time and attention went into the details and dialogue to make sure there is always a joke present or often of multiple funny things going on at once. There are enough minor things going on in background and smaller lines that are really funny, making this fun to watch over and over again. John Lovitz is excellent; his half serious but still lovably goofy delivery is perfect for this brand of humor. In the midst of the ridiculous and exaggerated gags there are some moments that make interesting comments or observations on the differences in cultures and may even make you think. The only thing holding it back is how the back end gets a little serious and caught up in too deep of a plot for a comedy, but it does right the ship and ends well. There is a lot of material crammed into one comedy and while many of the references may not age well and it connected with me and I loved it.
½ January 22, 2013
While better than all the modern day David Zucker films, this is still atrociously unfunny. But at least the writing is half-@$$ed. When you see enough crappy comedies you're a little happy to see throwaway jokes actually affect the plot somewhat. Jon Lovitz is still highly underrated. But director Hart Bochner's PCU is far and away better than this turkey.
½ December 25, 2011
A really subpar parody film. This came out just after "Dangerous Minds" and it was a parody of it in the likes of Naked Gun but it was stupidly done.
October 20, 2010
This is not a film for pretentious film critics. High School High made me laugh out loud more than a few times. The plot is cheesy, but it's a comedy. It's designed to make people laugh and relax, not to make them think. Don't believe the trash talking critics, (except maybe John Lovitz as Jay Sherman in his show The Critic) High School High is funny, end of story.
August 25, 2010
How can you like a film one minue, then hate it the next? Well, I still like High School High, and most likely always will, but just not as much.

High School High screenwriter must've been high when he wrote it, but maybe it was a good thing he was.

"High sShool High will always leave a question in your mind after viewing it. What the hell was that all about? Basicly keep your kids in school, so they don't become just as bad as the kids in the film, or the dude who wrote it. While it is safe to say it is funny, and has some great moments, it isn't the smartest movie you'll ever see, nor will it be the dumbest. Yes, I mean ever."
July 17, 2008
Maybe it's just me, but movies with uptight white people in ghetto black neighborhoods are hilarious. This gets worse as it goes on though.
June 1, 2010
High school high is stupid and over the top. There is probubly only one reason why this should ever find its way into your dvd player,and thats to get a few laughs out of its terribly bad and retarded nature.
May 18, 2010
A decent parody of inspirational school dramas.I think Lovitz works better in supporting comedic roles, but he did well in this.
½ March 29, 2010
½ March 1, 2010
Its a spoof that lacks any real bite. Sure it parodies well, but where is the real comedy at? Try again guys.