High School Musical 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School Musical 2 Reviews

½ June 29, 2008
The girls and I had a great fun time with this one.
DreamExtractor
April 18, 2011
What can I say, I am a music lover, but this is not music, this is Zac Efron singing about shit we dont care about.
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
I have a soft spot for musicals and Zac Efron. Even if I didn't, this film would still be great. The songs were as catchy as ever and I loved all of the sequels. 'High School Musical 2,3' all make you smile uncontrolably, make you want to sing and dance a long and cry with happiness. Great film.
erika250
February 23, 2011
ok film
stevenecarrier
November 6, 2010
"High School Musical 2" is a bright and shiny musical. Sure, this is extremely cheesy, though it's higher production values help keep it from the level of hokeyness the first film reached. The numbers are more elaborate and the songs are catchier, while the acting is still green; but you can see the actors starting to come into their own. With a sunny setting and just a generally happy attitude, you can do worse than this cute Disney romp.
Movie Monster
August 4, 2010
First of all, the film should be called "Summer Vacation Musical" because the film's characters aren't in high school for most of the movie. They are working kitchen duty at a country club owned by the snotty Sharpay Evans.

Trilogies sometimes have a weak entry and this is the weakling of The High School Musical Trilogy. It was kinda bubblegum and aimed too much at younger kids and not really tweens. It's a teen movie that really dosen't have drama in it. Its more of a happier movie.

The songs are not as good as the first but very toe-tapping.

High School Musical 2 is fun and worth watching but is not the tween movie you'll see.

"It's summer, everything changes."
½ July 29, 2010
F
January 13, 2010
Not that good, but I've never been a fan of musicals anyways, so don't go from what I say!
September 5, 2009
The songs are a bit better. The acting is slightly more bearable, as is expected just by virtue of these young actors having another year's worth of experience. Still, no. But I've come too far, you know? I'm committed now. I have to see the third one and be done. Oy...
deano
January 6, 2009
This is much funniest, wonderfully songs and awesome dance sequences than the first one. Some lines are hilarious - especially from Ryan (Lucas Grabeel) and one of the funniest scene is definitely Sharpay (Vanessa Hudgens) & Troy's (Zac Efron) rehearsal.
This sequel movie is different than the first one, but it has all what made its predecessor so memorable, great music, simple story, beautiful cast and a heart.
P.S.: Monique Coleman looked little overweight in this sequel only except the first and third High School Musical series.
TheGame90
½ October 18, 2008
This was just boring....nothing else. I don't know why it's called high school musical...they are on summer break....it should be called "summer musical"...but that would have sucked....ooh...what do you know....it fits the movie
½ July 16, 2008
Load of ol' bollocks. Continues to pollute the minds of the youth with a ridiculous notion that things are going to turn out great. Though there's nothing wrong with this, it does it in such a sickening charmless way it's oblivious to its own irritating nature. This only makes it more irritating. The songs are slightly better, only just, and the acting seems better, possibly due to actual friendships developing within the cast. Unfortunately the extended running time only adds to the torture as opposed to advancing the film. There are many more feel-good films that aren't so tragically soul destroying out there. Watch them.
ajaymuthecooldevils
½ February 18, 2007
Not an improvement from the first movie, but a decrease I think..
the story was worser, the cast did a great lip sing but not for their acting...
the song was more catchy but forgottable, it's not like 'Start Of Something New'
or 'Breaking Free' which is lovely and great... I just can't imagine they still
want to make the third movies... If they do, I just hope a better story, a better
performance from the cast, and the most important thing is of course a better song...
September 27, 2007
Lucas and Ashley were amazing!!! Everyone did well and I love the songs and dances! But Ash and Luc were best! Made a great impression.
½ December 3, 2007
Hahahaha LOL...I can't believe I watched this ^_^
FiLmCrAzY
½ September 18, 2007
i hated the first one though it is now growing on me but there so annoying
but the second 1 is really gd fun funny and exciting
½ October 2, 2007
Let me just say, the person who convinced me to watch this is in big trouble. I'll never get these hours of my life back.
sanjurosamurai
½ August 23, 2007
i know im an idiot for watching this. i was entertained. i love that vanessa hudgens.
½ August 20, 2007
Not as good as the first but still kept me entertained. A little more grown up than the first and that worked fine.
December 2, 2011