Hitman

90% Outlander: Season 1

Hitman Reviews

John M

March 2, 2008
I liked this far more than i should have.
Lanning :

February 17, 2012
Hey, it's another girl with a dragon tattoo! What are the chances? Don't you think the bald heads with the barcodes shown off to the world are a bit obvious. All you need is one person to figure it out and this whole gang would be wiped out pronto. Pretty ridiculous -- although I did like the bit about the kids actually playing the video game in the hotel room. Some nice action, some poor story. Walter, if you're in the mood for a little intense killing, I'd check this one out.
Phil H

December 3, 2007
This is actually OK, very true to the game ideas and not over the top, its actually quite smart, I did lose the plot abit near the end, plenty of double cross, agents and dark suits running around but its still quite good. The plot is the usual way you make a crappy idea or 'young peoples' based film seem intelligent, just add double cross of the main hero by his own and viola..instant confusion and apparent deep plot hehe but this was never gonna be intelligent.
The gun battles are good, look nice and do bring back memories of 'Leon', there is also no stupid John Woo slow-mo ballet crap haha or not too much anyway. Olyphant is a very good choice for the role, he has the movements of the computer game anti-hero to a tea and looks real.
Adding a female partner of sorts kinda messes with the lone hitman premise though, but Kurylenko is very cute. Its good and a surprise to be honest. Although the tatoo on the head still confuses me, surely he would be easy to spot with that target on the back of his head haha.
Coxxie M

June 2, 2009
dumb, right? most likely. it seemed that way until i fell asleep in an uncomfortable position on a tiny asian couch and woke up a half hour later with a stiff neck, but thats not the worst part-- i watched 20 more minutes of HITMAN: Blood money for contracts written in vengeful letters part 1.
Albert K

September 18, 2010
Nothin like the videogame series but so much like the epidemic of videogame movies -- SUCKS. freakin boring
BG Movie Reviews
BG Movie Reviews

November 24, 2011
The number of films that I, and many other of my friends, have seen that have been reviewed badly by many critics is quite astounding. Unfortunately, Hitman has joined that list, as it would appear the critics are not very impressed by this '07 Video Game adaption, which, if you ask me, is one of the best, and, as a film on it's own is very good.

The film talks about a guy who was raised without a name, only as Agent 47, a bald bloke with a barcode on the back of his head, with enough gadgets and weaponry to put James Bond to shame. He is asked to assassinate a very important Russian leader, but soon finds that the job is much more than it seemed, especially when the man he killed is still alive. This leads to a trip across the globe to try and find out who set him up and to try and get rid of the man he was asked to kill in the first place.

With some very funny moments, some cringe-worthy cliches and a lot of things blowing up, Hitman is a great action film. Having not played the video games this is based on, I can't actually tell if it is anything like the games. But, regardless, the film is definately a good action film that deserves much better reviews than it got given...
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

November 22, 2007
I love this movie.
Hitman, unlike other video games such as Doom, Max Payne etc that have been made into movies Hitman is certainly one of the better movies that is adapted well into an interesting script and storyline.
Timothy Olphant is very god as the lead of a character that has little personality but portrays him very well.
It is a very enjoyable action packed movie that doesnt disappoint.
Al S

November 19, 2007
A stylish, cool, compelling, well-crafted and surprisingly entertaining action-thriller. Smart and engaging. It's not very original but still a great flick that manages to be still absorbing and satisfying. Loaded with pulse-pounding non-stop action. An explosive and terrifically exciting adrenaline-rush from the beginning to end. Timothy Olyphant is excellent, a perfect choice in the casting of this popular character. Robert Knepper is fantastic. Dougray Scott is terrific. It's The Bourne Identity meets The Transporter. It has the cool style of a John Woo action film. An awesome action movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat. This action film will most likely be considered a classic.
garyX
garyX

November 22, 2007
An enigmatic assassin is double-crossed by his client and finds himself the target of the Russian secret police, Interpol and his own secret organisation. Hitman is yet another in a long line of the new generation of conspiracy action thrillers; in others words it is exactly the same as The Bourne Identity. Baldy Bourne efficiently ploughs through the appropriate mix of assassinations and well orchestrated bloodbaths and as long as there's arterial spray on the screen, it's serviceable enough. The inevitable and inevitably unwise decision to add a romantic interest not only undermines the origins of the character but also adds by far the weakest aspect of the film, although I for one am not going to complain about seeing a lot of Olga Kurylenko (all of her in fact...) As a whole it's a decent undemanding action thriller that's probably the best videogame adaptation I've yet seen. But let's face it, that isn't saying much.
Jens S

November 20, 2007
Another game adaption that is probably fun in its original medium (I wouldn't know, haven't played it), but shows serious weaknesses when it comes to a transformation onto the big screen. The plot holes are so huge, you could drive a truck through it, the characters remain cardboards, the settings try to be international like a Bond movie but feel monotonous and even the action isn't all that spectacular. Olyphant remains rather pale as bald killer.
The only redeeming quality of the film is that it's not boring and has a few nice settings.
Cynthia S

September 5, 2010
If I ever had to name my top five best ever action movies, this would definitely be one of them. I LOVED THIS MOVIE! It was just so fantastically done. Timothy Olyphant rocked in this movie..shaved head and all!!
Conner R

August 23, 2010
I think Hitman just happens to be the victim of over-analysis and judgement based on its source material. While most video game movie adaptions have gone horribly wrong and express a level of stupidity that very few other genres do, this actually knows what it wants to be and has fun. It's a movie about a hitman, so you should know what you're getting into before you choose to watch it. No, this isn't for everyone, but I happened to find it to be a really cool movie with a lot to love. Some of the sequences were very original, I loved the sort of third person tracking shots. Timothy Olyphant does a great job at being an unstoppable force that will obliterate anything in his warpath.
Lady D

July 22, 2007
A slick fast paced Action movie with just the right amoutn of realism mixed with a graphic novel style of camerawork.

Timothy Olyphant played a perfect role as the silent Assassin, whose calm manner delivers deadly results.

The style of the character reminded me a lot of the Manga film Crying Freeman character.
William S

July 29, 2010
Jesus, what a turd!
Is every film now going to be adapted from either a comic-book/graphic novel or game video?? Making films this way always feels like a cop-out to me and is far more lazy than any cash-in remakes (after all, what is there left to do but to copy & paste??).
This thoroughly reduntant and ludicrous piece of crap is all shiny surface from beginning to end and is a prime example of what has gone rotten in cinema in the past ten years.
Depressing.
Richard C

July 29, 2010
B
Sophie B

December 4, 2007
An interesting and forever moving film that keeps you gripped throughout. The characters were totally believable and interesting to watch (minus the nude scene). It was confusing and too fast paced in some areas however over all it was a great and pleasurable film to watch.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

July 16, 2010
While keeping a few key elements of the videogame, this film adaptations ultimately fails by trying too hard at being an awesome action film. The film is a terrible mess of a film that doesn't deliver on anything good. The film was cool, a few times. But this film as a whole was very bad and mediocre.
cosmo313
cosmo313

November 20, 2007
This is actually better than I thought it was going to be. I can see why Roger Ebert gave it a mild thumbs up. In terms of story and plot, things are a little shaky, and either a better screenwriter, or just a re-write or two would have helped clean things up. As for casting and performances, Olyphant isn't bad, but the older assassin sent after him would have been a better choice to play 47, as Olyphant isn't old enough. Still though, I see why they cast him-they needed a name to market it, and thought that would be better than faithfulness. Olyphant is at least a better choice (more appropriate) than the original consideration (Vin Diesel). The other performances are decent (for this type of movie), so there's nothing to complain about with that. I like violent action, but I like the parts of the movie that were more about character development over bloodshed. Focusing on more stealthy operations and precision over balls out action would have warranted a higher grade. As it stands, this movie is perhaps a hair better than above average, and for that, it gets a small recommendation from me. It obviously could be better, but it doesn't get everything wrong, either.
Anthony L

May 13, 2010
Timothy Olyphant is woefully miscast - in everything he's in! This is a very forgettable film, I'd have rather been playing the game to be honest but I couldn't even get into that. Got to level 2 I think then gave it away, watched the film 2 days ago and can't remember much about it! I wouldn't bother if I was you!