The Hollywood Knights Reviews

April 17, 2009
The poor man's "American Graffiti," with the cast to prove it. If nothing else, it's impressive how well Pfeiffer recovered after this and "Grease 2." Worth a look for fans of the high school genre and of top 40 oldies, along anyone who thinks a premature ejaculation scene between Robert Wuhl and Fran Drescher in a car sounds like a good time. No one can accuse Floyd Mutrux of not being an eclectic director.
July 21, 2008
When you see this movie, you will never, ever, hear the song "Volare" again without laughing out loud...
July 13, 2008
i remember watching this movie when i was really young..as i grew up michele phifer went on to make block buster films..a good funny movie ..
October 15, 2007
Nice cars and first look at now recognizable actors, Tony Danza, Robert Wuhl, Mechelle Phifer, Fran Dresner.
June 8, 2007
This movie was typical for its time but the characters ranked it up with Porky's for me. Tony Danza and Michelle Pfeiffer have decent bit parts but Robert Wuhl and Stuart Pankin steal the film and make it hilariously memorable. Used to be a regular tradition to catch this flick on HBO but nice to see it on DVD.
May 29, 2007
Classic, classic,... dare I say VOLARE! Once you see it, you'll know what I'm talkin' about... Actors that make you go "was that so-n-so?" and rewind or ffw to the credits to see if you're right!
January 9, 2007
A great coming of age movie. This helped start my love of american muscle cars. (and the women in the film are undeniably hott!)
September 26, 2006
The Hollywood Knights incorporates the cream of the crop when it comes to killer rides, laugh till you cry pranks and gags, as well as a major stepping stone for many of Hollywoods now famous stars. If you ever hung out at the local drive-in with car hops & such you will love this movie.
October 8, 2006
I do love this! Yea it is mostly bathroom humor but still funny. Oh and fran dresher is in it! Farting volare, a classic film moment!
½ September 6, 2006
An American Graffitti wannabe. Not nearly as smart or charming, it instead relies on dirty jokes and sex to pull it through. No such luck.
½ March 28, 2015
It's of course a rip off of American Graffiti, but doesn't have the charm or staying power. Don't look for much of Tony Danza or Michelle Pfeiffer.
½ May 24, 2012
Do you ignore Robert Wuhl, alias Neubaum Kirk, making out with Fran Drescher in back seat of car, with Frans classic line "NEUBAUM, DID YOU COME, OH MY GOD YOU CAME....." or something like that, in her voice, its hilarious. And Neubaum also, believe it or not, FARTS "VOLARE" (THE SONG) in front of the whole prom!! This is comic genius.
½ January 1, 2012
Forgettable and best forgotten. Should have been rejected based on the character names alone. Yet, something endearing enough to garner 3.5/5 from over 3,000 RT users.
September 11, 2012
This a hilarious movie. Seen it at least a dozen times just for the fart scene in the gym and seeing Bimbo and his side kick get egged on and humiliated by the Knights. Anyone who takes this movie serious enough to write a bad review has issues ;-)
June 16, 2012
It makes for an entertaining romp with the buds. Though the film is pretty much the raunchier version of 'American Graffiti,' it does provide more than a few hearty/quotable laughs and good looking babes.
April 12, 2011
Abysmal. Painfully unfunny.
July 8, 2011
What a great stupid movie and I mean that in the best way. The lines/scenes in this are some of the most quoted among my circle of friends: Volare, the 1 arm violinist, Lawrence of Arabia, Turk did you cum, Dudley Laywicker, the punch bowl scene...This ain't Casablanca but it sure is funny as hell.
March 28, 2010
"You squirrels better have some nuts in your mouth!"I loved this movie!

Reminded me of Porky's and at times funnier. They could have done away with Tony Danza's role but what the hell. Newbomb Turk was hilarious!
February 1, 2009
If you have ever been accused of having a sophmoric attitude this movie is for you. Just remember to fast forward any time you see Tony Danza and this movie is great!