Homeless to Harvard: The Liz Murray Story Reviews

½ January 19, 2008
Above average for a Lifetime movie. Leaves a few things very unanswered at the end, but is a good film about overcoming a bad upbringing. Very bleak and acting good. Wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but definitely one of the better TV movies of it's kind.
June 24, 2012
Inspiring story. It's amazing how she overcame so many odds and became successful.
iLeo
December 12, 2007
A great movie, very touching!
½ August 20, 2009
Wow compelling true life story, heart wretching i recommend this movie to all, its a real reality check to alot of people out there..
May 30, 2009
This severely neglected daughter of very irresponsible drug-addicted parents, harboring no bitterness or resentment in her forgiving heart, with all-out determination rises completely above her circumstances to break free of her past and rise way above.
January 26, 2008
It's been awhile sence I've seen it but I remember really loving it at 12 years old. It was one of the most powerful movie I had seen.
September 14, 2007
This is such a good movie. It's sad, but still a great movie, and an encouragement to people who are in this situation.
July 17, 2014
great true story. Thora Birch is always great.
½ September 18, 2014
A real sleeper of a truly moving story...one of the closest to real life that I've seen. Solid performances and compelling plot. Likely viewers will see situations and relationships they have witnessed in their own lives, and with which they'll empathize and/or identify. This is a don't miss movie.
November 8, 2009
Solid made for tv movie to bad very little Ellen page
January 29, 2012
What a beautiful story. One of the best movies I've ever watched. Powerful, emotional... simply inspirational. Words cannot describe the intensity of this tough, life changing story. It brings a new perspective to life, and gives you the chance to see that life isn't so bad... and even when it is, you can still conquer anything you put your mind to. Liz Murray, her will to survive and her desire to become a better person, redefine the word "strong". A great movie for anyone who has ever felt like life can't get any worse.
July 16, 2012
Hope, determination and strength are the 3 main components that the movie thrives on, the movie projects a positive message. It's worth the watch.

Thora Birch can do no wrong, in this Lifetime Made for TV movie based on the life of Liz Murray who spent the majority of her youth on the streets becomes an inspiration to everyone when she's accepted to Harvard. The movie proves that rags to riches is possible, we've all heard numerous times of 'The American Dream' this is the perfect example. The movie takes you on a journey of discovery where ones dreams and passions can be possible if you believe in yourself.
July 9, 2010
This movie is based on a true story and one of the most inspirational stories ever. It is also the best lifetime movie Ive ever seen. The actual movie isn't anything extraordinary but the story is so engrossing I had to give it 80. Surprised I was the first to rate this. I recommend it and I'm sure you could watch it online somewhere.
January 9, 2010
A soaring masterpiece.
½ November 26, 2008
FANTASTIC MOVIE!...SHOWS THAT WITH DETERMINATION AND DRIVE YOU CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING YOU WANT...NO MATTER WHERE YOU CAME FROM.