Hot to Trot Reviews

September 6, 2010
I loved Bobcat, but these horses can't act! I enjoyed this silly comedy anyway. It's got a lot of funny jokes, so I found it entertaining even thought the horses got on my nerves from time to time.
August 31, 2009
Pure cheesy goodness. A childhood fave, as well. :)
½ June 17, 2008
A couple of funny moments, but nothing exceptional.
September 3, 2008
Goldthwait is hilarious, it's great to see him star in a film for once, but unfortunately the other star of this movie is a horse. I don't know about you, but talking horse scenes get on my nerves. Many of the scenes with Bobcat and the horse are hilarious, but the ones with only horses are torture. Overall, this movie is fun but stupid.
April 24, 2015
No stars. Man, Bobcat Goldthwait has had one of the most fascinating careers of anyone in entertainment history. He's now widely respected as a masterful filmmaker and a funny stand up comic (even if most of his material seems to involve him poking fun at the extremely odd place he occupies in pop culture). But with this little pile of horse droppings, we get to see what he once was: a stand up comic with an annoying, inhuman voice who made movies that eagerly scraped the bottom of the barrel. And this is bottom-of-the-barrel as they come. It's almost like we're discussing two separate people. Don't ever see this movie. Bobcat himself would advise you not to.
April 15, 2015
The single worst movie of the year.
½ October 4, 2014
An awful experience. The premise would have made an interesting and possibly satisfying short film, or maybe perhaps a skit on SNL, but Goldthwait and Coleman's comedy quickly loses steam. I remember seeing this at the theatre, curious, at the age of 19, as growing up, I had enjoyed watching some of the Francis, the Talking Mule films on TV with my parents. Almost immediately I regretted the endeavor.
½ April 4, 2014
Not John Candy's worse movie...
June 11, 2013
It's the best movie about a horse that gives stock market advice that you could have possibly asked for.
January 17, 2013
I love this movie but a lot of people hate it. Maybe you will. Tough shit.
August 22, 2012
I can see why Bobcat Goldthwait was nominated for a Razzie Award. I did get a few laughs, but it fell flat overall. 2 out of 5.
August 13, 2012
It is crazy, so you can not expect anything serious. when I first saw it, I missed a lot of jokes, I had to look again and again and finally it is a cult movie of our family
May 30, 2011
Every time this movie is on, I have to watch it. Bobcat, Dabney Coleman and John Candy's voice in a same movie? Come on! That's just comedic GOLD!
½ May 11, 2008
I have always disliked Bob Goldthwait and his style of humnor and this movie is a good example of why. Inane and unfunny comedy, and the only good thing about the film is Dabney Coleman. Forget the rest. Watch Mr. Ed reruns instead.