• PG-13, 1 hr. 42 min.

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

How to Deal Reviews

Nicki M

January 11, 2008
Nice little teen movie featuring a younger Mandy Moore. I actually upped my rating half a star after a recent re watch. I can remember when I first bought this I found it so-so, but actually I think that was harsh.
Yes, it's a little too cute, but some very real issues are dealt with here such as parents breaking up, first love, and teen pregnancy. The cast are all just lovely. Alexandra Holden is quite an underrated actress, and I liked the guy who plays Mandy's boyfriend (not sure who he was).
Mandy's character, Halley is very spiky and strong for a teen movie. A nice change from the usual.
Enjoyable. Vastly better than many teen movies I have seen. Not bad soundtrack too.
Red L

June 12, 2010
I guess this is a chick flick, but I enjoyed it. Poor Halley suffers through her parents getting divorced, her best friend getting pregnant, her grandmother moving in - all at the age of 17. Because of all these failed relationships, she decides no love affairs for her, but of course fate has another plan for her.
Jennifer X

June 3, 2008
Uhhhh, Mandy Moore is cute with short hair.
Rachel F

August 5, 2007
Loved it. It was really good and funny.
Bobby H

June 17, 2007
This movies actually pretty funny for a chick-flick. You've got to love the weed smoking grandma in this. Seriously! It's worth a watch.
Leigh R

October 17, 2006
Cute.
Dannielle A

September 9, 2006
I didn't like this story line. I know Mandy Moore could do a lot better picking movies, but she does act well in this one.
Joseph E

June 11, 2009
The problem is learning 'How to Deal" with mandy Moore and her problem with trying to overact, and how she can nver bring that emotion required for that specific scene.
YinalŪ R

October 11, 2007
Very real and intelligent.
Sunil J

January 31, 2008
Could have had a little more charm but Mandy Moore was likeable.
mingsysar
mingsysar

August 15, 2006
I was interested in the central relationship, but they mucked about with it so much, so badly and so unconvincingly I just switched off. The premise was also terrible.
June 28, 2013
by the end of all these eyebrow raising cliches there is actually something a bit enjoyable underneath.
June 5, 2012
This film's far from an Oscar winner, but it sets itself apart from some of the rest with how gritty and real it is at points.
March 9, 2012
I'm happy that this movie was better than I thought it would be: some really funny characters and relatively good plot line!
November 18, 2011
Nowadays, just about every book is becoming a major motion picture. Around the time of this movie, it wasn‚(TM)t so easy; more like, uncommon. You‚(TM)d have to be just about damn-good, and Sarah Dessen is just that. But enough about the book. This really isn‚(TM)t an ordinary ‚~love story‚(TM) kind of movie. It‚(TM)s too realistic to be put into the category of ‚~happily ever after‚(TM). Problems arise and nothing is perfect; it‚(TM)s a wonderfully told story I‚(TM)m glad I finally experienced. I also particularly like the cast selection by Avy Kaufman.
Love is‚¶love. ‚How to Deal‚? unfolds perfectly in relation to love, and yes, how to deal.
June 25, 2009
there are parts of this that were alright, but overall it wasn't very good. i did think that mandy moore did a great job.
xandiXlizXmackix
March 22, 2009
Divorce, teen pregnancy, a wedding, a car accident, and a pot-smoking grandmother are all crammed in a single, and Halley Martin knows How To Deal with these issues. While watching this film I see mostly drama, but sometimes it's fun...and very romantic, too. Starring teen pop sensation Mandy Moore, who delivers a good acting performance here. :)
ILoveYouMostArdently
December 26, 2007
Good movie. I like almost every movie with Mandy Moore in it, though.
ForetoldGoldShineMysteries
July 15, 2008
Hmmm...good movie, enjoyable it was just too like the other ones, very predictable as it went on.

One thing that did catch my eye was that I was or still am exactly as reluctant as Many Moore's character is about love. Its something scary and it always ends up hurting you anyways, lets not say marriage..I am phobic to that.

Anyways, you need not know about my life. That was just a contrast.

Over all, is a good enjoyable movie, took be my surprise because of the above explained.And I got to admit, I like Mandy Moore's character in this one, her haircut was good. *Laughs* (So much for focusing on the movie). Reminded me a lot of The Notebook.
losingallcontrol
April 13, 2008
One of my favorite teen flicks. I loved the book as much as the movie... I liked how it showed each generation dealing with love and life. And I wouldn't mind kidnap Trent Ford and make him all mine. haha.