Hugo Pool Reviews

November 7, 2006
Laugh out loud hilarious...
March 30, 2009
It's Robert Downey Sr, therefore extremely quirky. It was a bit touching at the end however, all the moreso because his wife died from ALS.
½ June 11, 2008
This was an incredible story line for the interaction of Patrick Dempsey and Alyssa Milano's characters. The other rediculous characters such as Robert Downey, Jr.'s character and a few others could have been left out. Patrick's portrayal of an ALS victim, Lou Garrig's desease, was phenomenal. Very few actors can portray an ALS victim as well.
October 21, 2007
This movie is like Opera. Either you love it or you hate it. I first hated it, but now I love it and can't stop watching it. It's not terribly funny, romantic, or action filled, but it's amusing all the same to watch a little part of someone else's life.
½ April 7, 2013
Disjointed jumble of whatnot.
July 5, 2012
OMG I love this movie!
½ August 22, 2010
Lots of fun. Conclusion: people with pools are a bit crazy. ALS victim's depiction very real (my mom had the Lou Gerig's disease, too) and I enjoyed all the various themes ahd characters. It would have been nice to have the option of "subtitles for the hearing impared" since Downey is sometimes difficult to understand!
½ April 14, 2010
Maybe it's because of a teen obsession with Alyssa Milano, but I enjoyed this movie back in the day. At a time when I was used to seeing formulaic garbage, this movie really took chances and was something different; something unique.

Quirky is probably the best way to describe it, and the relationship between Milano's character and Dempsey's character really makes the movie. An Oscar-caliber film? No way. A good way to spend an evening and learn that all movies and not just recycled garbage from older movies? Certainly.